Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming FTP - reusing data connections Post 302481291 by Yezu on Friday 17th of December 2010 05:59:20 AM
Old 12-17-2010
FTP - reusing data connections

Hi there,

This may be a stupid question, but...
Is it possible to use one data connection channel initiated on a FTP server for sending multiple commands (LIST, NLST, MLSD)?

Thanks in advance!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

ipfw slow ssh and ftp connections

just as the title says. thanks. #General Rule Sets /sbin/ipfw add 0300 check-state /sbin/ipfw add 0301 deny tcp from any to any in established /sbin/ipfw add 0302 pass tcp from any to any out setup keep-state /sbin/ipfw add 0303 pass udp from any to any out #SSH FTP /sbin/ipfw add 0400... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwildgoose
11 Replies

2. AIX

loggin incoming ftp connections in syslog

Hello, we recently configured syslog on one of our machines with the following line in /etc/syslog.conf *.info /audit/syslog.log rotate time 1d compress However it does not seem to be logging incoming ftp connections, only outgoing ftp connections? Is there a way to log incoming ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting text and reusing the text to rename file

Hi, I have some ps files where I want to ectract/copy a certain number from and use that number to rename the ps file. eg: 'file.ps' contains following text: 14 (09 01 932688 0)t the text can be variable, the only fixed element is the '14 ('. The problem is that the fixed element can appear... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnDS
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download data from ftp.

Dear all, I am beginner to shell scripting. I have to download more than 1k files from ftp site. link is below ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/genomes/Bacteria/ Earlier i was using wget url, for download but the problem is some times folder names get changed, i don't know how to move in directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: admax
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Reusing a 'NOT' command

Hi Guys I'm trying to search for all lines that that do not contain the dash (-) in it. eg - I have the following list of numbers.I want to see those that donot contain the (-) in it.In this case '20151' 20151-60882 20151-60883 20151-60891 20151 20151-60893 Thanking you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prega
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to know if there are ftp connections in my machine

Hello, I need to know if there are ftp connections in my machine. How can I find out that?any commands to use? PS: i know how to find which users are on my machine now by using #who -r regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to list the current ftp connections?

Hello, I need to know How to list the ""current"" ftp connections? the machine is AIX 6.1 Regards Ahmed Amer Cairo,Egypt (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Not logging ftp connections in /var/adm/wtmpx file (in last command output)

Hi all, I have F5 load balancer on my system and checking service status by opening an ftp session in every 30 seconds. These ftp sessions are being logged in /var/adm/wtmpx and filling up the file. when i run the last command most of the output is this ftp session. I was wondering if there is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cepxat
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum from successive lines following date header to create data for graphing connections

Hi, I have a log file created from a load balancer showing connections to each member of a two member pool with the following format (where first field is source IP, second field is load balanced IP address and third field is destination member. I need to plot a graph by date/time and number of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shog63
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reusing a variable in a script

I was breaking my head for a day still not successful I have variable x for following is assigned x=awk '/_.*successful/{getline;getline;getline;print}' log filename | awk '{print $2}' echo "$x" 2341I have this piece of code inside a loop which runs n times. I want to print... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
7 Replies
FTP_SITE(3)								 1							       FTP_SITE(3)

ftp_site - Sends a SITE command to the server

SYNOPSIS
bool ftp_site (resource $ftp_stream, string $command) DESCRIPTION
ftp_site(3) sends the given SITE command to the FTP server. SITE commands are not standardized, and vary from server to server. They are useful for handling such things as file permissions and group membership. PARAMETERS
o $ftp_stream - The link identifier of the FTP connection. o $command - The SITE command. Note that this parameter isn't escaped so there may be some issues with filenames containing spaces and other characters. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Sending a SITE command to an ftp server <?php // Connect to FTP server $conn = ftp_connect('ftp.example.com'); if (!$conn) die('Unable to connect to ftp.example.com'); // Login as "user" with password "pass" if (!ftp_login($conn, 'user', 'pass')) die('Error logging into ftp.example.com'); // Issue: "SITE CHMOD 0600 /home/user/privatefile" command to ftp server if (ftp_site($conn, 'CHMOD 0600 /home/user/privatefile')) { echo "Command executed successfully. "; } else { die('Command failed.'); } ?> SEE ALSO
ftp_raw(3). PHP Documentation Group FTP_SITE(3)