Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting DelimiterCount: how to use a counter Post 302481246 by suresh01_apk on Friday 17th of December 2010 03:51:35 AM
Old 12-17-2010
Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your reply. I want total count of the delimiter for my source file. The output I want to store in one file. Then I should move that file into my unix directory. I hope I explained you clearly. Plz help me to resolve this issues.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

counter

Hi, I need some help. Shell script counter. i need to add condition to check if counter is more than 10 and longer than 3 hours? it runs every 5 mins. it only check count and send email right now. it runs in cron as below gregcount.ksh gregdb 10 > /tmp/gregcount.out 2> /tmp/gregcount.err ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pega
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and counter

Hi, I have such an example(ksh): name1=Example directory=/directory1/Example/directory2 match=$(grep -s '$name1' $directory | wc -l) echo $match But it replies to me: 0 What I expect from it, is to find $name1 in $directory and produce 1 for me as true, not false. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chish
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

histogram or counter

Dear all, I have numerous dat files (a.dat, b.dat...) containing 500 numeric values each. I would like to count them, based on their range and obtain a histogram or a counter. INPUT: a.dat 1.3 2.16 0.34 ...... b.dat 1.54 0.94 3.13 ..... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chen.xiao.po
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with counter

i having a file xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1234 ...........value can be change xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1235 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1236 . . . . xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1300 ...........value can be change i want to cut last four characters of first line and last line and find the missing pattern. output should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counter

if ;then echo "mrnet greater 5000" gzip /var/log/mrnet.log mv /var/log/mrnet.log.gz /var/log/mrnet.log.1.gz if ];then i=1 let i++ mv /var/log/mrnet.log.1.gz /var/log/vieux-logs/mrnet.log.$i.gz else echo "theres no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Froob
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help require with counter

I have this file 1801,A1,2012-12-16 15:59:59.995,id2_3,ab,phoneC2-00,VOE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 1802,A1,2012-12-16 15:59:59.995,id2_3,ab=,phoneX1-01,BL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 1803,A1,2012-12-16 15:59:59.995,id2_3,ab,phone300,BL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 1804,A1,2012-12-16... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record counter

For the following code SEQ=200 awk -v S="$SEQ" ' $0 ~ S { N++ print N } ' "$1"ascii >"$1"search N is printed 8002 times as it occurred 8002 times in file how I could print the counter one time only (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled79
20 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pegging counter

Hi Experts, I am in need for some help. My competence level on unix is not at all helping me to resolve this. Please help. My Input for a system command is as under: Counters are getting pegged each hour. I need to have a difference printed rather than pegged counter values. Counter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do i miss counter or what

hello this script should show all users and space they used without problem : ls /home >> /root/users.txt cat /root/users.txt | while read line; do space=`du -s /home/$line` echo "$line space is $space" shift done but when i remove pipe ,script run without any output: ls /home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
4 Replies
MV(1)							      General Commands Manual							     MV(1)

NAME
mv - move or rename files SYNOPSIS
mv [ -i ] [ -f ] [ - ] file1 file2 mv [ -i ] [ -f ] [ - ] file ... directory DESCRIPTION
Mv moves (changes the name of) file1 to file2. If file2 already exists, it is removed before file1 is moved. If file2 has a mode which forbids writing, mv prints the mode (see chmod(2)) and reads the standard input to obtain a line; if the line begins with y, the move takes place; if not, mv exits. In the second form, one or more files (plain files or directories) are moved to the directory with their original file-names. Mv refuses to move a file onto itself. Options: -i stands for interactive mode. Whenever a move is to supercede an existing file, the user is prompted by the name of the file followed by a question mark. If he answers with a line starting with 'y', the move continues. Any other reply prevents the move from occur- ring. -f stands for force. This option overrides any mode restrictions or the -i switch. - means interpret all the following arguments to mv as file names. This allows file names starting with minus. SEE ALSO
cp(1), ln(1) BUGS
If file1 and file2 lie on different file systems, mv must copy the file and delete the original. In this case the owner name becomes that of the copying process and any linking relationship with other files is lost. 4th Berkeley Distribution April 29, 1985 MV(1)