Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 9 upgrade question.
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9 upgrade question. Post 302481088 by Kjons76 on Thursday 16th of December 2010 03:44:16 PM
Old 12-16-2010
I hadn't changed anything, I just reboot it and it came back with the "Init: cannot create /var/adm/utmpx" I cannot boot to single user mode but I can boot to the cdrom.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Upgrade question

Hi all, I hava an ULTRA-5 machine at work, runing Solaris8, and I'm thinking of downloading the free version of Solaris9, and runing an upgrade, is this possible? And the free version of Solaris 9, is the same as the payed version? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
0 Replies

2. AIX

ml upgrade question

Hello everybody, am new to AIX. can someone help me with below i was trying to do an ml upgrade on AIX5.2 from 01-09 when i do a lppchk -v, i get X11.base.rte 5.2.0.10 (usr: COMMITTED, root: not installed) i tried to remove the fileset using smitty remove and it says... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 to Solaris 10 upgrade on Sun Fire 3800

Hello there! I have Sun Fire 3800 with very old Solaris 9 and I need to perform upgrade to concurrent Solaris 10 version, preserving current OS configuration. I supose to make it using Live Upgrade, but according to Solaris Live Upgrade Software: Minimum Patch Requirements page, I need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 11.2 upgrade question

Currently we are having solaris 11.1 SRU 11.1.21.4.1 installed on server. We need to upgrade it to solaris 11.2 SRU 11.2.9.5.0 Is it possible to upgrade to SRU 11.2.9.50 directly by downloading repo files or do I need to upgrade to 11.2 first and then upgrade to SRU 11.2.9.5.0? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshsun
1 Replies
utmpx(4)							   File Formats 							  utmpx(4)

NAME
utmpx, wtmpx - utmpx and wtmpx database entry formats SYNOPSIS
#include <utmpx.h> /var/adm/utmpx /var/adm/wtmpx DESCRIPTION
The utmpx and wtmpx files are extended database files that have superseded the obsolete utmp and wtmp database files. The utmpx database contains user access and accounting information for commands such as who(1), write(1), and login(1). The wtmpx database contains the history of user access and accounting information for the utmpx database. USAGE
Applications should not access these databases directly, but should use the functions described on the getutxent(3C) manual page to inter- act with the utmpx and wtmpx databases to ensure that they are maintained consistently. FILES
/var/adm/utmpx user access and adminstration information /var/adm/wtmpx history of user access and adminstrative information SEE ALSO
getutxent(3C), wait(3C)wait.h(3HEAD) SunOS 5.10 22 Feb 1999 utmpx(4)