Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Converting XImage to PNG
Top Forums Programming Converting XImage to PNG Post 302481035 by JonhyM on Thursday 16th of December 2010 12:26:16 PM
Old 12-16-2010
Converting XImage to PNG

i was able to make a connection to X server and get a screen shot using XGetImage, now, im unable to save this XImage to any good format like PNG, i found a code that saves it to bitmap, but the resulted bitmap file is massive, is there anyway i can save this XImage to PNG directly?

thanks;

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting kb to mb

When I create filesystems in AIX i often get confused(using smit) When you specify size in aix, it is asked like this SIZE of file system (in 512-byte blocks) I never seem to grasp this, what is the equation to get say 500mb? Or is there a program anyone knows of that does this, like a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

makefile to convert .jpeg to .png thumnails

Hello! I'm desperately trying to write a makefile that converts and scales jpeg files to png files in subdirectories I want to use netpbm, so I just need the commands: anytopnm pnmscale pnmtopng For various reasons i want to use a makefile. This is the first time i use the make tool... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: henningbaer
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cgi script to print all .png files on a single page

Hi guys I'm relativley new to Perl, and have not touched html before, im trying to write a cgi script that prints all images on a single html page from a given directory. Im using perl to gather stats, rrdtool to update and create graphs now i just need to print these graphs all onto 1 index.cgi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffersno1
3 Replies

4. Programming

Changing BPP in XImage

im trying to take a 24 BPP screen cap and save it to bitmap, but seems like it XImage is always 32 BPP, the value 0x00FFFFFF supposed to be 24 ! whenever i change bmpInfoHeader.biBitCount to 24, the image gets messed up.. here is the code im using typedef struct tagBITMAPFILEHEADER {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonhyM
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through directory convert jpg to png

Hi guys. I will be frequently needing to convert .jpg files to 183x183 .png thumbnails. I can't quite seem to wrap my head around how to make a for loop to do this. With the help of my friend (who may have mislead me, I'm quite confused) I've got this. This is bash the command is: pngify... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drayol
3 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Super Simple Script to remove first characters of any png file

Well I searched the net with varying success, but it seems kinda hard to find a one/max 2 lined command to: strip all *.png files in the folder from their first two characters. Any help is appreciated. In DOS commandline of course... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Png Attachments

I use sendmail to send html emails, my script works perfect and sends email with plain text attachment. Now i need to attache png file to the email and this attachment part is not working. ( echo "From: $FROM" echo "To: $TO" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailing multiple PNG attachments using sendmail

Need assistance in using the below script and having multiple png file attachments in the same script . Your inputs are appreciated. I dont have uuencode , I use either mailx, sendmail, mpack . ( echo "to: samplemail@somewhere.com" echo "from: samplemail@elsewhere.com" echo "subject:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in converting

I have Excel file with the below three columns, i need your expertise in converting this to .csv file delimiter "|" Excel - Serial Number Serial Name Serial Brand 111 test sample 123 test2 sample1 134 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_hp
9 Replies
XSubImage(3X)							  XLIB FUNCTIONS						     XSubImage(3X)

NAME
XSubImage - image utilities SYNTAX
XImage *XSubImage(ximage, x, y, subimage_width, subimage_height) XImage *ximage; int x; int y; unsigned int subimage_width; unsigned int subimage_height; ARGUMENTS
ximage Specifies the image. x y Specify the x and y coordinates. subimage_width Specifies the width of the new subimage, in pixels. subimage_height Specifies the height of the new subimage, in pixels. DESCRIPTION
The XSubImage function creates a new image that is a subsection of an existing one. It allocates the memory necessary for the new XImage structure and returns a pointer to the new image. The data is copied from the source image, and the image must contain the rectangle defined by x, y, subimage_width, and subimage_height. SEE ALSO
XInitImage(3X), XCreatImage(3X), XGetPixel(3X), XPutPixel(3X), XAddPixel(3X), XDestroyImage(3X) X Version 11 Release 6 XSubImage(3X)