Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Amend format of output from "last"command Post 302480997 by malts18 on Thursday 16th of December 2010 10:33:45 AM
Old 12-16-2010
Thanks zaxxon for your prompt responses.
I have run your code, and it is certainly removing all the duplicates.
But I am still not getting a "|" command instead of the spaces separating the fields.
Any further advice would be most welcome.
Thanks again !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

Debian: doubt in "top" %CPU and "sar" output

Hi All, I am running my application on a dual cpu debian linux 3.0 (2.4.19 kernel). For my application: <sar -U ALL> CPU %user %nice %system %idle ... 10:58:04 0 153.10 0.00 38.76 0.00 10:58:04 1 3.88 0.00 4.26 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaduks
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explanation of "total" field in "ls -l" command output

When I do a listing in one particular directory (ls -al) I get: total 43456 drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3701594 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3108510 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3070580 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3099733 -rwxrwxr-x 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format output from "echo" command

Hi, I have written a BASH shell script that contains a lot of "echo" commands to notify the user about what's going on. The script generates a log file that contains a copy of what is seen in the terminal. The echo statements are generally verbose, and thus extend out for quite a ways on one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone help me to convert the date format after get it from the "LAST REBOOT" command.

Can someone help me to convert the date format after get it from the "LAST REBOOT" command. these is the standard output. bash-3.00# last reboot reboot system boot Fri Aug 6 15:07 reboot system down Fri Aug 6 15:04 reboot system boot ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pichitw
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output from the file to extract "date" section

Hello Team , I have to extract date section from the below file output. The output of the file is as shown below. I have to extract the "" this section from the above output of the file. can anyone please let me know how can we acheive this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

"links -dump" output format issue

Hi All, I tried searching a lot about this but to no avail. I have a HTML file. I used links -dump file_page.html > text_html.txt What the above command gave me was a filtered text from the HTML file with tags removed. Now, the the output from the above command looked something like this:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 Sparc. How to change Vendor info of SAN disks reported in "format" command?

Greetings! After block level migration using an external appliance, the luns are getting reported as DGC-RAID5 and these luns are infact from the new storage. I have a query on changing the device Vendor info from DGC-RAID5 to HP3par in the format o/p only. AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: n_Bhaskar
3 Replies
PTS_QUIT(1)						       AFS Command Reference						       PTS_QUIT(1)

NAME
pts_quit - Exit from pts interactive mode SYNOPSIS
pts quit [-cell] <cell name> [-noauth] [-localauth] [-force] pts q [-c] <cell name> [-n] [-l] [-f] DESCRIPTION
The pts quit command exits from pts interactive mode. The command can be run from the command line or interactively, but on the command line it does nothing and is therefore of questionable utility. CAUTIONS
Prior to OpenAFS 1.4.5 and OpenAFS 1.5.23, the pts quit command was only available on Unix or Linux and when OpenAFS was compiled with the supergroups option (disabled by default). As of OpenAFS 1.4.5 and 1.5.23, it is always available. OPTIONS
Although they have no effect, pts quit takes the following standard pts options: -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see pts(1). -force Enables the command to continue executing as far as possible when errors or other problems occur, rather than halting execution at the first error. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see pts(1). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. For more details, see pts(1). OUTPUT
This command produces no output. EXAMPLES
Here is an example of a pts interactive session: % pts interactive pts> quit % SEE ALSO
pts(1), pts_interactive(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2014-04-08 PTS_QUIT(1)