Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Java Runtime Execution require reboot of pSeries server regularly? Post 302480770 by zxmaus on Wednesday 15th of December 2010 08:39:05 PM
Old 12-15-2010
yep you do not give us anything we could work with - like for example the OS you are using - the applications running on your box and so on. There are certain issues with 32bit applications that might cause your issues - and with some runtime settings these issues are relatively easy to fix. But to help you we would obviously need to know a little bit more Smilie

regards
zxmaus

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

pmlist execution makes reboot?!

Hi All, When I try to execute pmlist -s command to know about processor information, machine is getting reboot. What is the problem to use this command.? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthukumar
2 Replies

2. AIX

allocate memory for shell script at runtime during execution--urgent critical help!!

How to allocate memory for a shell script on aix box at the time of execution i.e at runtime Are there any commands for AIX in specific Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server goes down regularly- Please help

Hi , I need a clarification on an issue that we have been facing for two weeks now. From past one year we had issue with space on our Linux machine on which our application ( View VC, CVS) hosted on it. Due to swap memeory configuration being 0 and very less space on the server, the server... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

execution time / runtime -- bash script please help!

Hello, I'm running a bash script and I'd like to get more accurate a runtime information then now. So far I've been using this method: STARTM=`date -u "+%s"` ......... *script function.... ......... STOPM=`date -u "+%s"` RUNTIMEM=`expr $STOPM - $STARTM` if (($RUNTIMEM>59)); then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

java runtime for mozilla firefox 3.5.3 installation

Hi, community, I am using Karmica koala 9.10 and I wish to add to Firefox the JRE plugin. What I have to do? The problem arises when I try to copy from the Downloads dir the file to /usr/java that I created. I must have the root permissions, I think. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mauropera
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No Java runtime environment (JRE) error

Hi all, I am trying to install a .bin file for that it requires IBMJava2-AMD64-142-JRE-1.4.2-13.8.x86_64.rpm to be installed. I have installed this rpm but when i try to install .bin file, it complains that no JRE found. How to solve this. Thanks in advance! #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit status from ksh script exec from java using runtime

how do i get the exit status from a ksh or perl script executed in a java program using Runtime? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: twk
1 Replies

8. Programming

Java Runtime.getRuntime().exec not returning any value

Hi, i written class like this but it is not returning any results and infact p.waitFor() is returning value 1. This is very basic program that i am planning to run in unix. This is really killing my time and unable to find correct reason.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbjv
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
AMCLEANUP(8)						  System Administration Commands					      AMCLEANUP(8)

NAME
amcleanup - run the Amanda cleanup process after a failure SYNOPSIS
amcleanup [-k] [-p] [-r] [-v] config DESCRIPTION
Amcleanup generates the Amanda Mail Report and updates the Amanda databases after a system failure on a tape server host. This cleanup process is normally done automatically as part of the amdump program, but if amdump cannot complete for some reason (usually because of a tape server host crash), amcleanup must be run some time later (usually during system boot). The amcleanupdisk program is run with the same [-r] and [-v] options. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. OPTIONS
-k Kill all process listed in the log file are their child. if there is no log file, then kill all amdump and amflush process and their child. -p Do the cleanup only if all process listed in the log file are already terminated. -r Remove bad file in holding disk. This options is passed to amcleanupdisk. -v Generate verbose output. This options is passed to amcleanupdisk. EXAMPLES
This example runs the Amanda cleanup process by hand after a failure. % amcleanup daily Putting the following line in a system boot script (e.g. /etc/rc.local) runs the Amanda cleanup process as part of the reboot, eliminating the need to run it by hand. /usr/local/sbin/amcleanup daily If nothing needs to be done, amcleanup exits normally with the message: amcleanup: no unprocessed logfile to clean up. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amdump(8) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
James da Silva <jds@amanda.org> Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw@amanda.org> Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMCLEANUP(8)