Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Redirecting Terminal to Local Application! Post 302480716 by JonhyM on Wednesday 15th of December 2010 03:37:26 PM
Old 12-15-2010
thanks for ur help
but my application never runs in xterm, its clicked and a gui is shown, all it does is that it saves me alot of typing in the terminal, all those flags and stuff, for example : just click the "Take Screen Shot" button and it will take a screen shot and save it with a specific sequenced name under /home/user/Screen Shots.
i cant open a terminal and run whats supposed to be wrapping terminal, its clicks application
and i need it this specific way cause i have some other stupid project in mind that will need it that way, tunnel output from xterm.

if u take a look at the last sample i posted, thats exactly what i need, except i tried making it write ouput to a file or pipe insted of sockets, but failed.
if u can show me hos its done, it would fix everything...

if u can help achive it this way, i would be grateful.
if u can't, all good Smilie u helped me so much already Smilie

thanks alot.

Last edited by JonhyM; 12-15-2010 at 04:56 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirecting one terminal into an other??

Hi guys; I want to show what am I doing on a terminal into another. I did something close but its not working really good. Example: cat /dev/pts/12 >/dev/pts/13 where 12 is my terminal and 13 its the other terminal. This is usefull for me to share my small unix knowledge to other people... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to a local file after sshing

ssh $USR@$host /bin/bash <<EOF awk ' BEGIN{f=0} !f { s=$0; sub(/,.+/, "", s); gsub(//, " ", s); t=(systime()-mktime(s)); if(t<=14400) f=1 } f ' /home/error.log >> error.txt EOFWe are trying to connect to a remote server through ssh and read values from error.log within last 4 hours.However, the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepthz
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Can i bind to a local login terminal running using rsh or remotely

Hi Can i ask? I had multiple solaris workstation running and some local users using it. Is it possible to bind to the local user terminal or console he's using as if like the user well type and I can see it and what my typing in the local user see it also. Is it possible.. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting the terminal to file

Hi, I want to save the whole Output of the terminal in a file. I dont want to redirect a single command to a file (ls -l > test.txt), I want to redirect the whole last 40 lines into a file. Maybe i can read out the terminal while working with it, but i cant find a way to save the whole... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niratschi
2 Replies

5. Slackware

X terminal: Redirecting remote sound to my local audio device

Hello everybody, I'm testing some aspects of X Terminal implementation and it's going great. I can use remote applications on my local slow workstation at remote's processor speed by redirecting the remote DISPLAY variable to "my_local_ip:0.0"; but i'm having troubles to get remote audio and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pbpaste to application in terminal

Is it possible to execute a pbpaste command to an application or current application in focus? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fhill2
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting script output to terminal

When ever i started my terminal,Every time I have to change the directory like "cd user/documents/ravi/folder2/folder3" Without typing this entire command every time ,I placed "alias c='cd user/documents/ravi/folder2/folder3'" in .bash_profile file. so that i can able to execute command 'c'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raviteja saddal
6 Replies

8. IP Networking

How to know local IP address in X-Terminal?

Im using a X-Terminal in my windows pc to connect to a Linux server. Is there a way to know my local IP address in my x-terminal console? Here are few commands which didnt help me: ss_cc@MGTS5026-13sh1:~> finger Login Name Tty Idle Login Time Where loadhlr ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get terminal application to launch with a graphical launcher when successful in terminal

I have been having an extremely annoying problem. For the record, I am relatively new at this. I've only been working with unix-based OS's for roughly two years, mostly Xubuntu and some Kali. I am pretty familiar with the BASH language, as that's the default shell for debian. Now, I've made this... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting terminal to variable

when i do something like this: bona=$(echo hi2 > /dev/pts/1 ; printf '%s\n' "" | sed '/^$/d') i get: hi2 and the $bona variable is empty, when I run: echo ${bona} i get the result "hi2" outside of the variable. I want it stored in the bona variable with nothing outputted to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
pm(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     pm(4)

Name
       pm - monochrome/color bitmap graphics

Syntax
       device	 pm0  at ibus?	vector pmvint

Description
       The video subsystem provides a half page or full page, user-accessible bitmap display for graphics.  The subsystem consists of a 256 Kbytes
       (monochrome) or a 1 Mbyte (color) block of dual port RAM, a mouse or tablet, a keyboard, and a video monitor.

The subsystem device driver supports a hybrid terminal with three minor devices.  The first minor device emulates a glass tty with a screen
       that  appears  as  an 80-column by 56-row page that scrolls from the bottom.  This device is capable of being configured as the system con-
       sole.

The second minor device is reserved for the mouse.  This device is a source of mouse state changes.  (A state change is defined as  an  X/Y
       axis mouse movement or button change.)  When opened, the driver couples movements of the mouse with the cursor.	Mouse position changes are
       filtered and translated into cursor position changes in an exponential manner.  Rapid movements result in large	cursor	position  changes.
       All cursor positions are range checked to ensure that the cursor remains on the display.

The  third  minor  device  provides  an access path for console output that does not disturb the graphics display.  The caller can open the
       device When this device is open, the graphics driver redirects console device output to the input buffer of this  device.   This  mechanism
       disables console output on the screen and saves the output for later display. This preserves the graphic display integrity.

Input and output on the first and third minor devices are processed by the standard line disciplines.

The Hold Screen key is supported. The graphics driver treats this key as if CTRL/S or CTRL/Q had been pressed. Pressing the Hold Screen key
       suspends the output (if it is not already suspended). To resume the output, press the Hold Screen key again.

Files
       Console terminal or graphics device

Mouse or tablet graphics device

Console message window for workstation

See Also
       console(4), devio(4), tty(4), ttys(5), MAKEDEV(8)

RISC								     pm(4)