Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filter text after keyword
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filter text after keyword Post 302480619 by cabrao on Wednesday 15th of December 2010 10:56:41 AM
Old 12-15-2010
Code:
$ awk 1 RS=' ' file | paste - -
keyword1:       text1
keyword2:       text2
keyword3:       text3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Filter data from text file

Hi All We have got a text file, which has data dumped from 60 tables. From these 60 tables of data we need data from 4 tables only. I tried assigning line numbers to filter out data, but it is not working as intended. below is the sample file ----Table1----- 3,dfs,43,df 4,sd,5,edd... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_sri
18 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter some text

Dear experts, Below i have mentioned two alarms with MAJOR severity, i am intrested only with alarm contains text tre , actually i want to filter out alarm which is highlighted in bold text in some other file for further processing. I need all above three line of the alarm containing text tre... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines of text based on a specific keyword

I regularly extract lines of text from files based on the presence of a particular keyword; I place the extracted lines into another text file. This takes about 2 hours to complete using the "sort" command then Kate's find & highlight facility. I've been reading the forum & googling and can find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DionDeVille
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing a text until a keyword is found

Hi, here's the problem: text="hello1 hello2 world earth mars jupiter planet"how do I print the text until it finds the keyword "mars" so that the desired output is output="hello1 hello2 world earth" I have rtfm of sed and I think the problem is, that if I find the word "mars" it will... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: icantfindauser
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract lines from text after keyword

I have a text and I want to extract the 4 lines following a keyword! For example if I have this text and the keyword is AAA hello helloo AAA one two three four helloooo hellooo I want the output to be one two three four (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stekanius
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keyword search/replace for two text files?

What is the best way (bash/awk/sed?) to read in two text files and do a keyword search/replace? file1.txt: San Francisco Los Angeles Seattle Dallas file2.txt: I love Los Angeles. Coming to Dallas was the right choice. San Francisco is fun. Go to Seattle in the summer. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a Keyword in file and replace another keyword or add at the end of line

Hi I want to implement something like this: if( keyword1 exists) then check if(keyword2 exists in the same line) then replace keyword 2 with New_Keyword else Add New_Keyword at the end of line end if eg: Check for Keyword JUNGLE and add/replace... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter records in a huge text file from a filter text file

Hi Folks, I have a text file with lots of rows with duplicates in the first column, i want to filter out records based on filter columns in a different filter text file. bash scripting is what i need. Data.txt Name OrderID Quantity Sam 123 300 Jay 342 498 Kev 78 2500 Sam 420 50 Vic 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting a text file with respect to Function/Keyword

Hello Experts, I am truly a beginner in shell and perl . Need an urgent help with sorting a file. please help. wouldn't mind whether in perl or shell script. Here are the details. ------------------------------------------------------ Input Text file EX:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradyumnajpn10
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append a specific keyword in a text file into a new column

All, I have some sample text file(.csv) in the below format. In my actual file there are at least 100K rows. date 03/25/2016 A,B,C D,E,F date 03/26/2016 1,2,3 4,5,6 date 03/27/2016 6,4,3 4,5,6 I require the following output where in the date appeared at different locations need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies
File::Queue(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  File::Queue(3pm)

NAME
File::Queue - Persistent FIFO queue implemented in pure perl! SYNOPSIS
use strict; # always! use File::Queue; my $q = new File::Queue (File => '/var/spool/yourprog/queue'); $q->enq('some flat text1'); $q->enq('some flat text2'); $q->enq('some flat text3'); # Get up to first 10 elements my $contents = $q->peek(10); my $elem1 = $q->deq(); my $elem2 = $q->deq(); # empty the queue $q->reset(); DESCRIPTION
This module allows for the creation of persistent FIFO queue objects. File::Queue only handles scalars as queue elements. If you want to work with references, serialize them first! The module was written with speed in mind, and it is very fast, but it should be used with care. Please refer to the CAVEATS section. Interface File::Queue implements a OO interface. The object methods and parameters are described below. Methods File::Queue supports all of the queue-related functions a developer should expect. o new() Instantiates your File::Queue object. Parameters are described in the next sub-section. o enq() Enqueues a string element to the queue. o deq() Dequeues a string element from the queue, and returns the element. If the queue is empty, nothing is returned. o peek(n) Returns an arrayref containing the next n elements in the queue. If the queue size is less than n, all elements are returned. If the queue is empty, an empty arrayref is returned. o reset() Emptys the queue. o close() Closes the filehandles belonging to the queue object ('.dat' and '.idx'). o delete() Deletes the files belonging to the queue object ('.dat' and '.idx'). Parameters There are a number of parameters that can be passed when constructing your File::Queue objects. Parameters are case-insensitive. o File (required) File::Queue creates two files using this parameter as the base. In the case of the example in the SYNOPSIS, the two files are '/var/spool/yourprog/queue.dat' and '/var/spool/yourprog.idx'. The '.dat' file holds all of the data, the '.idx' file holds the byte index (pointer) of the starting point of the first element in the queue. o Mode (optional) The file bit mode to be shared by both the '.dat' and '.idx' files. Defaults to '0600'. o Seperator (optional) The character or byte sequence that is used to seperate queue elements in the '.dat' file. It should be something you can guarantee will NEVER appear in your queue data. Defaults to the newline character. o BlockSize (optional) This is the size of the byte chunks that are pulled at each iteration when checking for the end of a queued element. Defaults to 64, which will be fine for most cases, but can be tweaked or tuned for your specific case to squeeze out a few extra nanoseconds. CAVEATS
This module should never be used in situations where the queue is not expected to become empty. The '.dat' file is not truncated (emptied) until the queue is empty. Even the data you've already dequeued remains in the '.dat' file until the queue is empty. If you keep enqueueing elements and never FULLY dequeue everything, eventually your disk will fill up! SEE ALSO
Tie::File AUTHOR
Jason Lavold <jlavold [ at ] gmail.com> perl v5.10.0 2008-12-22 File::Queue(3pm)