Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: simple remove command -ksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting simple remove command -ksh Post 302480171 by methyl on Tuesday 14th of December 2010 07:04:49 AM
Old 12-14-2010
What Shell are you using?
What is the name of the file to be deleted ?
What is the value of the variable $fl_nm ?
Where in the script do you run the function "main" ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple ksh question

Hi, Simple question I am sure... I need to put yesterdays date in the name of a filename, ie assign yesterdays date to a variable and then I can use it where I want.. using the format yyyymmdd Any suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple ksh script problem

This is a search script that I have developed. It finds the records that I look for. However the only thing I want the program to do now is to display a message such as 'Not Found' to appear when a record is not found. So far when a search doesn't display a record, the screen is blank. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Warrior232
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can remove -ksh.log

Hi I tried to remove the -ksh.log from my directory using rm -f -ksh.log but i cann't do it ,please help how can i do it and also would like to know when this file will be created. many thanks in advance... Regards, HAA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HAA
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with simple awk/ksh script

I need help finding out why this script wont run. The chmod is okay, but i get an error saying that I need '&&' on line 5. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: tefflox
18 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Array in Ksh Scripting

Ksh Scripting Can some one give me a simple example of array operations using ksh. For Ex: week_array = {Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday} I want to assign and retrieve and print them along with their index. I am looking for the o/p like: 0 Sunday 1 Monday ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravikirankethe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh, ksh: command to remove front spaces from a string?

dear pro-coders, is there any command out there that takes out the front spaces from a string? sample strings: 4 members 5 members 3 members but it has to be like so: 4 members 5 members 3 members (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pseudocoder
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple way to read an array in ksh

hi, I'm a newbie to shell scripting. I wanted to initialise an array using basic for loop and read it. Then i want to print it as a .CSV file.. Any help would me much appreciated.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pravsripad
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute ksh simple shell script without creating .sh file

please help me to execute a simple shell script like for i in `ls echo $i done . i dont want to create a new sh file to execute it. Can i just type and execute it ? because I always this kind of simple for loops . Please help . Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooraj_Linux
7 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Super Simple Script to remove first characters of any png file

Well I searched the net with varying success, but it seems kinda hard to find a one/max 2 lined command to: strip all *.png files in the folder from their first two characters. Any help is appreciated. In DOS commandline of course... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Variable substitution in ksh not working

Hi Gurus, Not able to catch what's going wrong here. I just want to get output as "tree". server:/mk/app/nexapp $ echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh server:/mk/app/nexapp $ export db_name1="tree" server:/mk/app/nexapp $ export i=1 1st try: server:/mk/app/nexapp $ echo $(db_name$i) ksh: db_name1: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukesh.lalwani
3 Replies
UPDATE-METAINIT(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					UPDATE-METAINIT(1)

NAME
update-metainit - Generates init scripts SYNOPSIS
update-metainit [--remove initname [--purge] ] DESCRIPTION
Metainit solves the problem of writing good init scripts. Instead of manually creating these important files, they are derived from a declaritive description in the metainit files in /etc/metainit. These files can be shipped with packages or created by the local adminis- trator. If update-metainit called without argument, it will regenerate init scripts for all the files in /etc/metainit. The generated files contain a large warning in form of a comment that they will be overridden. Modifications are preferably done in the files in /etc/metainit and made effective by running update-metainit. If needed, the administrator can prevent modified init files by removing the warning comment. OPTIONS
--remove initname This command will remove any generated and non-modified scripts that were created by the metainit file with the name initname. --purge Only usable with --remove. Will remove the generated files even if modified. SEE ALSO
dh_metainit(1) AUTHOR
Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> perl v5.8.8 2007-07-30 UPDATE-METAINIT(1)