Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect Script sending password with $ and symbols Post 302479999 by Corona688 on Monday 13th of December 2010 05:23:28 PM
Old 12-13-2010
Try escaping the $ like \$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password changing in a Script (shell and expect)

Hi, Does anybody know how to change the password on multiple servers with a script. I have 300 Sun boxes and the password expiry is set to 30 days. Im in a process to build a script using expect. Need a help from an expert who has already done it. Regards, Vinod (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chellam
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script....encrypt password and use

Could someone please help me...I have an expect script. There's a need for a log in during the script and a password is required...right now the password is just a variable in the expect script...what would be the best way to put that in an encrypted flat file and have the expect script pull the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubs0729
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending ssh password in a script

Is there any way to send password in a sh script, to establish a ssh connection with the remote server, without having shared the public key? The command I'm currently using is in my script is !#/bin/sh ... ssh -l user remotehost "ls -l" I have shared the public key of the local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: farahzaiba
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Encrypt the password ,source it in a expect script...!!

Hello folks I have a conf file ,say 'pass.conf' ,which is storing ascii password : PASS1111. I need to encrypt this password once and store it in a file. I ,then need to write a script which would read this encrypted password and decrypts it.The o/p o this script shud be this decrypted... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Password to SSH without using expect in a Script

How can I pass password in SSH command without using expect in a shell program. I don't have expect installed on my Solaris server. #!/bin/bash ssh user@hotname (how to supply pass in script?:wall:) Experts please help its very urgent. Shrawan Kumar Sahu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss135r
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Odd behaviour with Expect password update script

Hi there. I've been forced by circumstance to write an expect script to handle password updates on a number of servers. There's a mix of Solaris 8, 9, 10, RedHat and Ubuntu. There's no chance the client will allow us to hook them up to a directory, so we have to make do. This script is mostly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whetu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP or scp with password in a batch script without using SSH keys and expect script

Dear All, I have a requirement where I have to SFTP or SCP a file in a batch script. Unfortunately, the destination server setup is such that it doesn't allow for shell command line login. So, I am not able to set up SSH keys. My source server is having issues with Expect. So, unable to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss112233
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script not expecting the password prompt

I have a script that does an SSH into a remote node. It should expect the prompt and send the password. #!/usr/bin/expect set user ; set pass ; spawn ssh $user@E-Internal expect { -re "RSA key fingerprint" {send "yes\r"} timeout... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Script Not Sending Password - Other Scripts OK

I am building FTP Script on my Bluehost VPS Server. I have several and all work great except this one.... I think there are two issues .. One with the command and One with "$" in the password. #!/bin/sh HOST=invtransfer@52.44.151.220 USER=invtransfer PASSWORD=XXX$XXX - $ is real in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wrjames2
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script not passing password / commands ??

Newbie here. My goal is to have the expect script log into the Ubuntu 18.04 server and run two commands (lsb_release -a and ip addr) and eventually pipe the output/results to a file. For now, I would be happy to get this one command or two to run successfully. How to fix this? #!/usr/bin/expect ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacob600
3 Replies
cs_register_esc_strfunc(3)					      cs/cs.h						cs_register_esc_strfunc(3)

NAME
cs_register_esc_strfunc - cs_register_strfunc with escaping context SYNOPSIS
#include <cs/cs.h> NEOERR *cs_register_esc_strfunc(CSPARSE *parse, char *funcname, CSSTRFUNC str_func); ARGUMENTS
parse - a pointer to a CSPARSE structure initialized with cs_init() funcname - the name for the CS function call Note that registering a duplicate funcname will raise a NERR_DUPLICATE error str_func - a CSSTRFUNC not-callback DESCRIPTION
cs_register_esc_strfunc functions exactly as cs_register_strfunc except that it changes the evaluation escaping context to disable default escaping. SEE ALSO
cs_dump(3), cs_destroy(3), cs_render(3), cs_register_esc_strfunc(3), cs_arg_parsev(3), cs_register_fileload(3), cs_init(3), cs_regis- ter_strfunc(3), cs_arg_parse(3), cs_parse_string(3), cs_parse_file(3), =(3), cs_register_function ClearSilver 12 July 2007 cs_register_esc_strfunc(3)