Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to list number of files through Crontab? Post 302479877 by R0H0N on Monday 13th of December 2010 06:44:14 AM
Old 12-13-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by methyl
It think that ROHON's version will count the number of lines in each file.
Oh yes..!! I did a mistake in placing the wc -l. Thanks methyl for correcting me.Smilie
R0H0N

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a list of number

Hi, I wrote a shell program and I need to only accept a list of numbers from 01 to 24 in my argument 1 ($1) before the program can continue. Does anyone know a better way to do it beside use the case command with 24 lines of condition? Thanks in advance! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab: error on previous line; number out of bounds.

Hi, I am trying to set up a cron job for every Friday at 6:00 p.m. and got an error: "/var/tmp/aaaa29638" 1 line, 73 characters 00 18 00 0 5 /app/test/backup.ksh crontab: error on previous line; number out of bounds. Any ideas? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oradbus
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

several crontab files

Hello. I am using the /etc/crontab files and it works well. I'd like to add the files located at /test/crontab Is there a way to register that /test/crontab? Should I add a special line to the /etc/crontab to call a the /test/crontab file as well? I am not sure what to do and I don't want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list all files containing 4 digit number using grep

how can i list all files in my home directory that have a 4 digit id number, the line number where the id is located and the id itself not printing the entire line? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hobiwhenuknowme
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get Port number alone from the list

~]#netstat -vatn | grep LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:34895 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 192.168.122.1:53 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files only when a certain number of files match

Hi, I have many files named CCR20110720011001.CTRD CCR20110720011501.CTRD CCR20110720012001.CTRD CCR20110720012501.CTRD CCR20110720021001.CTRD ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyfright
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count number of files in directory and write to new file with number of files and their name?

Hi! I just want to count number of files in a directory, and write to new text file, with number of files and their name output should look like this,, assume that below one is a new file created by script Number of files in directory = 25 1. a.txt 2. abc.txt 3. asd.dat... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
20 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process a specific number of files ina list

Hello, I have a list of files that was created with, FILES='./'$FOLD'/'$FOLD'_continue/'$OPTIMIZE_ON'/'*'out.txt' I am doing a loop on this list for INPUT in $FILES do ... done but I may not want to process everything. Is there a simple way to just process the first 5,10,n, etc in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to list all crontab entries?

Hi, 1. How can I list all the crontab entries of all system users (like root, adm, sys etc.) as we have multiple files like /etc/crontab , /var/spool/cron, /etc/cron.d, /etc/cron.daily, /etc/cron.hourly, /etc/cron.monthly etc. 2. How can I list all the crontab entries of ALL users on a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with number to select based on number

Hi experts, I am using KSH and I am need to display file with number in front of file names and user can select it by entering the number. I am trying to use following command to display list with numbers. but I do not know how to capture number and identify what file it is to be used for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mysocks
5 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)