Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print range of a line? Post 302479858 by radoulov on Monday 13th of December 2010 05:58:05 AM
Old 12-13-2010
Code:
sed 's/ *\(character\|numeric\).*$//' infile

For sed implementations that don't support alternation:

Code:
sed 's/ *character .*//; s/  *numeric.*//' infile

And of course, you should add other data types manually, if necessary.
This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print range between two patterns if it contains a pattern within the range

I want to print between the range two patterns if a particular pattern is present in between the two patterns. I am new to Unix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. e.g. Pattern1 Bombay Calcutta Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1 Patna Madras Gwalior Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Range Only Once Per File

Scenario: Each of several .txt files contain the following (but perhaps with some minor variations due to code version running on the devices from which the text was extracted): <output omitted> SWITCH1#show proc cpu hist 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: svermill
4 Replies

3. Solaris

sed print range alongwith line numbers.

hi working with sed in a shell script using sed to print a range of lines from a given file for example to print lines 12-24 from a file sed 12,24p <filename> however i need to print the line numbers, alongwith the actual lines would this be possible at all? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xinuuser
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print range of fields

Hi file.in and file.out are in csv format. the code I have now is, cat file.in | awk -F"," '!($1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8 in a){a;print $0}' > file.out Here, I am printing entire line using $0. however, I want to print $1 to $150 and it should be in csv format. Cut -d is not good in performace.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print range of lines matching pattern and previous line

Hi all, on Solaris 10, I'd like to print a range of lines starting at pattern but also including the very first line before pattern. the following doesn't print the range starting at pattern and going down to the end of file: cat <my file> | sed -n -e '/<pattern>{x;p;}/' I need to include the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siriche
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to specify beginning-of-line/end-of-line characters inside a regex range

How can I specify special meaning characters like ^ or $ inside a regex range. e.g Suppose I want to search for a string that either starts with '|' character or begins with start-of-line character. I tried the following but it does not work: sed 's/\(\)/<do something here>/g' file1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed print range of lines between line number and pattern

Hi, I have a file as below This is the line one This is the line two <\XMLTAG> This is the line three This is the line four <\XMLTAG> Output of the SED command need to be as below. This is the line one This is the line two <\XMLTAG> Please do the need to needful to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RMN
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep range of lines to print a line number on match

Hi Guru's, I am trying to grep a range of line numbers (based on match) and then look for another match which starts with a special character '$' and print the line number. I have the below code but it is actually printing the line number counting starting from the first line of the range i am... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print range of numbers

Hi I am getting an argument which specifies the range of numbers. eg: 7-15 Is there a way that i can easily (avoiding loop) print the range of number between and including the specified above. The above example should translate to 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print specific range using awk?

I want to print specific range of rows and then its columns using awk command. lets say if a file contain 15 line then i need to print line 5 to 9. awk '{print;for( NR>=5&&NR<=9); do; print "<tr>\n<td>"$1"</td><td>"$2"</td><td>"$3"</td>\n</tr" done}' xyz.csv not sure what's wrong... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: amyt1234
9 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)