Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Modify a record in a unix file Post 302479821 by inautix34 on Monday 13th of December 2010 04:25:57 AM
Old 12-13-2010
sed 's/,\( \)\([a-zA-Z]*\)/,\2\1/g' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicated xml record in a file under unix

Hi, If i have a file with xml format, i would like to remove duplicated records and save to a new file. Is it possible...to write script to do it? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify a few field of the record information

Hello, I have the following record in a text file, i would like modify some field: 1 - remove all space between ",", but the company name of word will not delete. Anyway, I can use the following statement to do it. 's/^ *//;s/ *, */,/g;s/ *$//' file 2. field #12, I need to modify to time... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to exclude a record from unix file

I want to exclude records from my unix file that have a specific pattern. How can I do this? Thanks. Ryan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ryan2786
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read record by record from a file in unix

Hi guys, i have a big file with the following format.This includes header(H),detail(D) and trailer(T) information in the file.My problem is i have to search for the character "6h" at 14 th and 15 th position in all the records .if it is there i have to write all those records into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raoscb
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify record headers from file

Dear All I was wondering if anybody is able to help me with a script I am struggling with. I have to add comments to the "head-lines" (start with >) from an other file according to the ID tag. Only the head lines should be modified. cat File.txt >H1_A1_A2_A3_A4_ID1_A5 A:B:C:S:E:E:K... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: loba
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need unix commands to delete records from one file if the same record present in another file...

Need unix commands to delete records from one file if the same record present in another file... just like join ... if the record present in both files.. delete from first file or delete the particular record and write the unmatched records to new file.. tried with grep and while... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: msathees
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to modify a delimited file using UNIX commands. Please find description

i have a '|' delimited file having 4 fields. now i want to sort the data by combination of first three fields without changing order of 4th field. input file looks like this: 3245|G|kop|45 1329|A|uty|76 9878|K|wer|12 3245|G|kop|15 1329|A|uty|56 9878|K|wer|2 3245|G|kop|105... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurgoyal2408
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Modify a file content in UNIX and sort for only required fields ?

I have the below contents in a file after making the below curl call curl ... | grep -E "state|Rno" | paste -sd',\n' | grep "Disconnected" > test "state" : "Disconnected",, "Rno" : "5554f1d2" "state" : "Disconnected",, "Rno" : "10587563" "state" : "Disconnected",, "Rno" :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav H
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk command to retrieve record 23 and 89 from UNIX file

Hi Everyone, I am looking for awk command to retrieve only the record number 23 and record number 89 from a unix file? Please let me know what is the awk command for this? Regards Rakesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

awk command to retrieve record 23 and 89 from UNIX file

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am looking for awk command to retrieve only the record number 23 and record number 89 from a unix file?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
6 Replies
srec_motorola(5)						File Formats Manual						  srec_motorola(5)

NAME
srec_motorola - Motorola S-Record hexadecimal file format DESCRIPTION
This format is also known as the Exorciser, Exormacs or Exormax format. Motorola's S-record format allows binary files to be uploaded and downloaded between two computer systems. This type of format is widely used when transferring programs and data between a computer system (such as a PC, Macintosh, or workstation) and an emulator or evaluation board for Motorola microcontrollers and microprocessors. The Lines Most S-Record file contain only S-Record lines (see the next section), which always start with a capital S character. Some systems gener- ate various "extensions[rq] which usually manifest as lines which start with something else. These "extension[rq] lines may or may not break other systems made by other vendors. Caveat emptor. The Fields The S-Record format consists of 5 fields. These are the type field, length field, address field, data field, and the checksum. The lines always start with a capital S character. +--+------+---------------+---------+------+----------+ |S | Type | Record Length | Address | Data | Checksum | +--+------+---------------+---------+------+----------+ Type The type field is a 1 character field that specifies whether the record is an S0, S1, S2, S3, S5, S6, S7, S8 or S9 field. Record Length The record length field is a 2 character (1 byte) field that specifies the number of character pairs (bytes) in the record, exclud- ing the type and record length fields. Address This is a 2-, 3- or 4-byte address that specifies where the data in the S-Record is to be loaded into memory. Data The data field contains the executable code, memory-loadable data or descriptive information to be transferred. Checksum The checksum is an 8-bit field that represents the least significant byte of the one's complement of the sum of the values repre- sented by the pairs of characters making up the record's length, address, and data fields. Record Types S0 This type of record is the header record for each block of S-Records. The data field may contain any descriptive information iden- tifying the following block of S-Records. (It is commonly "HDR[rq] on many systems.) The address field is normally zero. S1 A record containing data and the 2-byte address at which the data is to reside. S2 A record containing data and the 3-byte address at which the data is to reside. S3 A record containing data and the 4-byte address at which the data is to reside. S5 An optional record containing the number of S1, S2 and S3 records transmitted in a particular block. The count appears in the two- byte address field. There is no data field. This record is optional, you do not have to use it. Nobody knows if you can have more than one in a file; and if you do, nobody knows whether or not the line count resets after each one. The srec_cat command will only ever use one, provided the number of lines fits in 16 bits, otherwise it will use S6. S6 An optional record containing the number of S1, S2 and S3 records transmitted in a particular block. The count appears in the three-byte address field. There is no data field. This record is optional, you do not have to use it. Nobody knows if you can have more than one in a file; and if you do, nobody knows whether or not the line count resets after each one. Nobody knows what happens if you mix S5 and S6 records in a file. The srec_cat command will only ever use one, provided the number of lines fits in 24 bits. S7 A termination record for a block of S3 records. The address field may contain the 4-byte address of the instruction to which control is passed. There is no data field. S8 A termination record for a block of S2 records. The address field may optionally contain the 3-byte address of the instruction to which control is passed. There is no data field. S9 A termination record for a block of S1 records. The address field may optionally contain the 2-byte address of the instruction to which control is passed. If not specified, the first entry point specification encountered in the object module input will be used. There is no data field. Size Multiplier In general, binary data will expand in sized by approximately 2.4 times when represented with this format. EXAMPLE
Here is an example S-Record file. It contains the data "Hello, World[rq] to be loaded at address 0. S00600004844521B S110000048656C6C6F2C20576F726C640A9D S5030001FB S9030000FC COPYRIGHT
srec_cat version 1.58 Copyright (C) 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Peter Miller The srec_cat program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use the 'srec_cat -VERSion License' command. This is free software and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; for details use the 'srec_cat -VERSion License' command. AUTHOR
Peter Miller E-Mail: pmiller@opensource.org.au //* WWW: http://miller.emu.id.au/pmiller/ Reference Manual SRecord srec_motorola(5)