Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bit usage: folding at home
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Bit usage: folding at home Post 302479615 by Corona688 on Saturday 11th of December 2010 09:40:39 PM
Old 12-11-2010
And why would they want bits?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

disk usage and home directory

Hi guys just a quick question how could i come up with a way so i wont have to hard code my home directory into the base_cmd directory? I only want to list files and directories but no sub directories that take up the most disk usage base_cmd=`basename /home/m/mmatrik/*/` du -h -k base_cmd |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: musicmancanora4
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
atomic_and(3C)															    atomic_and(3C)

NAME
atomic_and, atomic_and_8, atomic_and_uchar, atomic_and_16, atomic_and_ushort, atomic_and_32, atomic_and_uint, atomic_and_ulong, atomic_and_64, atomic_and_8_nv, atomic_and_uchar_nv, atomic_and_16_nv, atomic_and_ushort_nv, atomic_and_32_nv, atomic_and_uint_nv, atomic_and_ulong_nv, atomic_and_64_nv - atomic AND operations SYNOPSIS
#include <atomic.h> void atomic_and_8(volatile uint8_t *target, uint8_t bits); void atomic_and_uchar(volatile uchar_t *target, uchar_t bits); void atomic_and_16(volatile uint16_t *target, uint16_t bits); void atomic_and_ushort(volatile ushort_t *target, ushort_t bits); void atomic_and_32(volatile uint32_t *target, uint32_t bits); void atomic_and_uint(volatile uint_t *target, uint_t bits); void atomic_and_ulong(volatile ulong_t *target, ulong_t bits); void atomic_and_64(volatile uint64_t *target, uint64_t bits); uint8_t atomic_and_8_nv(volatile uint8_t *target, uint8_t bits); uchar_t atomic_and_uchar_nv(volatile uchar_t *target, uchar_t bits); uint16_t atomic_and_16_nv(volatile uint16_t *target, uint16_t bits); ushort_t atomic_and_ushort_nv(volatile ushort_t *target, ushort_t bits); uint32_t atomic_and_32_nv(volatile uint32_t *target, uint32_t bits); uint_t atomic_and_uint_nv(volatile uint_t *target, uint_t bits); ulong_t atomic_and_ulong_nv(volatile ulong_t *target, ulong_t bits); uint64_t atomic_and_64_nv(volatile uint64_t *target, uint64_t bits); These functions enable the the bitwise AND of bits to the value stored in target to occur in an atomic manner. The *_nv() variants of these functions return the new value of target. No errors are defined. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ atomic_add(3C), atomic_bits(3C), atomic_cas(3C), atomic_dec(3C), atomic_inc(3C), atomic_or(3C), atomic_swap(3C), membar_ops(3C), attributes(5), atomic_ops(9F) The *_nv() variants are substantially more expensive on some platforms than the versions that do not return values. Do not use them unless you need to know the new value atomically. 13 May 2005 atomic_and(3C)