Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Configure sendmail to use exchange server Post 302479554 by ahmed_salah on Saturday 11th of December 2010 10:14:09 AM
Old 12-11-2010
hi,
i can ping mail server mail.gasco.com.eg and i got replay but when i ping gasco.com.eg i got replay from differerent addresses cause we have multiple domain controllers all members in the same domain gasco.com.eg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to send mails to users on exchange server from sendmail/solaris(mailx)

Hi, Can anyone pls. tell me how to access Active directory from solaris. I am looking at solution by which I can send mail notification from the logs generated by scripts, to the users on Exchange server. I am trying for a Perl-LDAP module , but don't realy know how to go for it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshh
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I configure sendmail?

I am trying to run sendmail from a script with the results from that same script. Each time I use sendmail I get the following message in /var/log/maillog: Feb 27 02:25:42 (none) sendmail: m1R1Pg3S013841: to=test@test.com,just,testing, ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bronkeydain
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question regarding sendmail and exchange 5.5

Hi all, I have a question. I am running an exchange 5.5 server and a UNIX DNS server. Currently, I am able to receive messaages but cannot send messages. By send I mean that I create a message, hit the send button, it hits the outbox and disappears. I checked the MTA on 5.5 and the message is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Racela
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

How to configure sendmail in solaris 10

how to configure sendmail in solaris 10 ???? Anyone knows, pls share the documents. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Help to configure sendmail on Solaris 10

Hello, I need help to configure sendmail on Solaris 10. I have to configure sendmail to send mail on the Internet, now works only for sending mail for local users. I'm studying several tutorials ... When I try to send a mail to an external address (eg aaaa@gmail.com) the mail is placed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arfry
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] How do I configure Unix Mail Server to use another Mail Exchange Server

We have configured our mail unix server and can send out emails automatically from applications running on unix to different people in our company as well as outside our company. However there is an outside client who is not receiving these emails because the settings on their mail server cannot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't configure sendmail to send mails to external SMTP Server

Hi all,I know, that this is very common issue, but I can't find where is the problem... I have Solaris 10 installed.I want to send mail to external SMTP server, like:echo "letter body"| mailx -s "subject" test@test.comBut I donno what kind of changes I have to do in /etc/hosts and sendmail.cf or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx Vs sendmail to send internal emails to exchange

Hi Gurus, I have been searching for this around, but sendmail seems complicated and not sure if "mail" command would do, since all what I need to send internal emails from my solaris 10 box to our exchange server. Would the mailx or mail command do ? I tried the : # mailx -s test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
2 Replies

10. Linux

Configure Postfix to relay to Exchange Server with NTLM authentication

Hello I have a shell script, which should send email, if any error occurred. This script is running in Red Hat Linux 4.6, and want to configure postfix so it can relay to an Exchange Server. The Authorization method of Exchange server, I guess is: 250-AUTH NTLM. So I have: Server A ( Red... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viktor1985
1 Replies
nisping(1M)															       nisping(1M)

NAME
nisping - send ping to NIS+ servers SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nis/nisping [-uf] [-H hostname] [-r | directory] /usr/lib/nis/nisping -C [-a] [-H hostname] [directory] In the first line, the nisping command sends a ``ping'' to all replicas of an NIS+ directory. Once a replica receives a ping, it will check with the master server for the directory to get updates. Prior to pinging the replicas, this command attempts to determine the last update "seen" by a replica and the last update logged by the master. If these two timestamps are the same, the ping is not sent. The -f (force) option will override this feature. Under normal circumstances, NIS+ replica servers get the new information from the master NIS+ server within a short time. Therefore, there should not be any need to use nisping. In the second line, the nisping -C command sends a checkpoint request to the servers. If no directory is specified, the home domain, as returned by nisdefaults(1), is checkpointed. If all directories, served by a given server, have to be checkpointed, then use the -a option. On receiving a checkpoint request, the servers would commit all the updates for the given directory from the table log files to the data- base files. This command, if sent to the master server, will also send updates to the replicas if they are out of date. This option is needed because the database log files for NIS+ are not automatically checkpointed. nisping should be used at frequent intervals (such as once a day) to checkpoint the NIS+ database log files. This command can be added to the crontab(1) file. If the database log files are not checkpointed, their sizes will continue to grow. If the server specified by the -H option does not serve the directory, then no ping is sent. Per-server and per-directory access restrictions may apply; see nisopaccess(1). nisping uses NIS_CPTIME and NIS_PING (resync (ping) of replicas), or NIS_CHECKPOINT (for checkpoint). Since the NIS_PING operation does not return a status, the nisping command is typically unable to indicate success or failure for resyncs. -a Checkpoint all directories on the server. -C Send a request to checkpoint, rather than a ping, to each server. The servers schedule to commit all the transactions to stable storage. -H hostname Only the host hostname is sent the ping, checked for an update time, or checkpointed. -f Force a ping, even though the timestamps indicate there is no reason to do so. This option is useful for debugging. -r This option can be used to update or get status about the root object from the root servers, especially when new root replicas are added or deleted from the list. If used without -u option, -r will send a ping request to the servers serving the root domain. When the replicas receive a ping, they will update their root object if needed. The -r option can be used with all other options except with the -C option; the root object need not be checkpointed. -u Display the time of the last update; no servers are sent a ping. -1 No servers were contacted, or the server specified by the -H switch could not be contacted. 0 Success. 1 Some, but not all, servers were successfully contacted. Example 1: Using nisping This example pings all replicas of the default domain: example% nisping Note that this example will not ping the org_dir and groups_dir subdirectories within this domain. This example pings the server example which is a replica of the org_dir.foo.com. directory: example% nisping -H example org_dir.foo.com. This example checkpoints all servers of the org_dir.bar.com. directory. example% nisping -C org_dir.bar.com. NIS_PATH If this variable is set, and the NIS+ directory name is not fully qualified, each directory specified will be searched until the directory is found. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ crontab(1), nisdefaults(1), nisopaccess(1), nislog(1M), nisfiles(4), attributes(5) NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. 12 Dec 2001 nisping(1M)