Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to share files between linuxes. Post 302479492 by vistastar on Friday 10th of December 2010 11:36:45 PM
Old 12-11-2010
I've resolved it. it is because of missing the '-o username' option.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files on unix share from xp?

Sorry if the is in the wrong section, but would like to know if anyone can help with the following I am on a network using Windows XP and am having problems viewing/manipulating files on one of the shared drives, which happens to be a snap server. I have no other problems with any of the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrB
1 Replies

2. AIX

Which Files To Share WIth CSM?

Hi, I'm new to AIX 5.3 and CSM, but am familiar with other UNIX flavours. I've been asked to compile a list of files we should manage using CSM. Could someone suggest a starting list? /etc/hosts /etc/passwd what else? I'm not looking for a comprehensive list, just a starting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MyMateDave
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Mac.. PC.. how do I share files with each other on the same router???

OKay so.. I have a mac at web design company office, and a PC at home.. I want to be able to send the Mac files.. We are using the same modem that's hooked up through out a router!! How would I do this.. I'm new to this part so talk to me like I'm 2!!! thanks.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pattersonz
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OS comparison in a brief: Solaris 10 vs FreeBSD (vs linuxes)

Hi, I wanted to ask for a brief summary (without details) about the comparison of the following OSes: - FreeBSD - OpenBSD - Solaris 10 - Linux 2.4 - Linux 2.6 In the following areas (current and perspective for the future): - security - overall stability / reliability - filesystem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adderek
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to share files between host XP and RedHat VM?

Hi, I am fairly new to Linux. I have a Win XP host machine where I am running a Redhat virtual machine using VMplayer. I have a tool in the VM that I need to run using some input data located on the host machine. How can I share files between the host and the VM? I need to be able to read/write... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilyaz
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with data reformat if share share content

Input data: read1_data1 read1_data1 read2_data1 read3_data1 read4_data1 read4_data1 read4_data1 read5_data1 . . Desired output result: read1_data1 read1_data2 read2_data1 read3_data1 read4_data1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files and share output from both files

hi all, Thanks to all for your great help... I have a scenario that I have two files (file1 & file2). I need to compare two files entire row by row and share the output if any discrepancies within two files. File1: DB1|TB1|C1,C3 DB2|TB2|C1,C2 DB3|TB3|C1,C2,C3,C4 File2: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selva_2507
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving UNIX files from share

Hello, We have a Unix SunOS Server that runs an Oracle 11.2.0.3 database, it is linked up to a network storage where backups go every night. I've created a data pump backup (.dmp) file and want to move it from the network store to windows server to import the data. When i try to move the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbajtr
2 Replies
DH_MISSING(1)							     Debhelper							     DH_MISSING(1)

NAME
       dh_missing - check for missing files

SYNOPSIS
       dh_missing [-Xitem] [--sourcedir=dir] [debhelperoptions]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_missing compares the list of installed files with the files in the source directory. If any of the files (and symlinks) in the source
       directory were not installed to somewhere, it will warn on stderr about that (--list-missing) or fail (--fail-missing).	Please note that
       without either of these options, dh_missing will silently do nothing.

This may be useful if you have a large package and want to make sure that you don't miss installing newly added files in new upstream
       releases.

Remember to test different kinds of builds (dpkg-buildpackage -A/-B/...) as you may experience varying results when only a subset of the
       packages are built.

FILES
       debian/not-installed
	   List the files that are deliberately not installed in any binary package.  Paths listed in this file are ignored by dh_missing.
	   However, it is not a method to exclude files from being installed by any of the debhelper tool.  If you want a tool to not install a
	   given file, please use its --exclude option (where available).

dh_missing will expand wildcards in this file (since debhelper 11.1).  Wildcards without matches will be ignored.

OPTIONS
       --list-missing
	   Warn on stderr about source files not installed to somewhere.

Note that files that are excluded from being moved via the -X option are not warned about.

This is the default in compat 12 and later.

--fail-missing
	   This option is like --list-missing, except if a file was missed, it will not only list the missing files, but also fail with a nonzero
	   exit code.

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10							     DH_MISSING(1)