Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Iptables to change source IP
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Iptables to change source IP Post 302479491 by vistastar on Friday 10th of December 2010 11:32:11 PM
Old 12-11-2010
Try this command:

Code:
$sudo iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -s IP1 -p udp --sport SNMP_PORT -j SNAT --to IP2

IP1 is the wrong ip your snmpd is using to reply requests.
IP2 is the right ip you want.
SNMP_PORT is the port number of snmpd.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

qt from source

i'm installing qt from source, and while making i get an error having to do with a "pthread library." what libraries do i need to install for qt to compile, and where can i get them? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nydel
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Change time source?

I need to change the time on my SUN box, it is five minutes fast. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: michelemcdonald
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

. and source

What's the difference of using "." and "source", such as ". .bashrc" and "source .bashrc"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source

I have a script in /etc/rc2.d that needs to run on boot up the file looks like this #!/sbin/sh source /abc/scripts/test_env.sh /abc/xyz/run I need to source the test_env.sh script they are both bash how do i do that? 'source /abc/scripts/test_env.sh' I am not too sure (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change values in datafile from source file

Hi all, I have this source file source.txt : hdrEthernetSwitch1IPAddress 112.13.9.34 hdrEthernetSwitch2IPAddress 112.13.8.245 noOfRevASLAvailable 8000 noOfRevASLInUse 122 maxDOSPayload 7777 pcmdEvdoRUM Enabled pcmdEvdoFlow Enabled And I have this datafile to be modified : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

8. IP Networking

Change source ip on static internet

Hi, Environment: Linux: Ubuntu 12.04 I am connected to internet using static ip. This means my internet provider Pacenet has assigned me static ip. Now, whenever I am trying to change source ip for tcp/ip (ip4) using iptables firewall, I am unable to access internet at all. Can anybody... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashv
4 Replies

9. SCO

How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller . The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver) What ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
3 Replies
IPTABLES-SAVE(8)                                                  iptables 1.6.1                                                  IPTABLES-SAVE(8)

NAME
iptables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout ip6tables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout SYNOPSIS
iptables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] ip6tables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] DESCRIPTION
iptables-save and ip6tables-save are used to dump the contents of IP or IPv6 Table in easily parseable format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirect- ion provided by your shell to write to a file. -M, --modprobe modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-save will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -c, --counters include the current values of all packet and byte counters in the output -t, --table tablename restrict output to only one table. If not specified, output includes all available tables. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au> Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> contributed ip6tables-save. SEE ALSO
iptables-apply(8),iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-SAVE(8)