Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Mirorr Solaris 10 5/09 root disks at install time Post 302479158 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 10th of December 2010 02:08:56 AM
Old 12-10-2010
not with UFS (afaik). you can mirror the disks with ZFS during install. but you need something like jumpstart to setup up a slvm mirror at install time.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Non-Root mode ... luxadm to show path(s) for Disks

Hi Gurus out there... I am pondering over a situation where I have non-root access (user account), where I am trying to determine paths (including multipaths) on a host. "luxadm display" seems very appropriate, but requires root access. Is there anyway I can get the FC path information? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: verisund
1 Replies

2. Solaris

install eclipse under solaris without root password?

hi, Ho can I install eclipse under solaris without root password? Thanks. peter (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laopi
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk mismatch while trying to zfs mirroring non-root disks

Hello All, I am trying to mirror two non-root hard drives using zfs. But "fmthard" fails when I try to copy the vtoc due to disk mismatch. Please help me. --- iostat command shows the disk to be similiar --- format command shows disk to be different :confused: --- c1t2d0 is the active... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Get # of disks as non-root

I'm trying to figure if there are commands I can run as non-root/non-privileged users to figure out the number of disks. I know I can use format but it needs root. Any idea? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: PPPP
10 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Backup root disks

Hi all! Please I would appreciate some inputs on the following: I have inherited a SUN BLADE chassis with 6 T6320 server modules, in which there is only 1 root disk in all of them. I need to do a backup of the root disk in case those disk crash. But there is no backup device attached to it.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Cannot see disks while tryin to install CentOS 7

Cannot see disks while tryin to install CentOS 7 at IBM X3550 M3 It shows that no disk present insystem, though 2 disks inserted (using RAID controller). is ther e anything should be done so CentOS become to see disks? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Backing up root disks

Hi ! I wonder if in solaris 10 there is a utility similar to ignite in HP-UX that backup entire file systems (/, /usr, /var, /tmp, /home). I have to backup only the root disk of a server, but ufsdump seem to be backing up individual file systems....only, am I correct? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can a root role change the root password in Solaris 10?

i do not have root on a solairs 10 server , however i do have the root role, i was wondering if I can change the root password as a a role with the passwd command? I have not tried yet. and do i have to use the # chgkey -p afterwards? i need to patch is why i am asking. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goya
1 Replies
JIGDO-MIRROR(1) 														   JIGDO-MIRROR(1)

NAME
jigdo-mirror - Maintain a mirror of images offered with jigdo SYNOPSIS
jigdo-mirror [ config-file ] DESCRIPTION
See jigdo-file(1) for an introduction to Jigsaw Download. jigdo-mirror is a script intended for people who want to offer direct HTTP or FTP downloads of files for which only the jigdo and template files are available. As the first step of using jigdo-mirror, you need to set up normal HTTP/FTP/rsync mirroring both of the `.jigdo'/`.template' files and of the parts that are needed for the reconstruction of the images. For example, in the case that you want to mirror Debian CD images with jigdo-mirror, you need a mirror of the `.jigdo'/`.template' files and a Debian mirror on the local machine. At regular intervals (preferably immediately after the normal mirroring has finished), schedule a run of jigdo-mirror. It will search through a given directory for any `.jigdo' files and attempt to create all images offered by each file. The script requires you to set a number of variables - please refer to the start of /usr/bin/jigdo-mirror for a description of each of them. Since /usr/bin/jigdo-mirror will be overwritten whenever you upgrade jigdo-mirror, it is highly recommended not to change the set- tings directly in this script. Instead, personal settings should be saved in a file called .jigdo-mirror in your home directory, or in a different file whose name is then passed to the script as its first (and only) command line argument. SEE ALSO
jigdo-file(1), jigdo-lite(1) CD images for Debian Linux can be downloaded with jigdo <URL:http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/>. AUTHOR
Jigsaw Download <URL:http://atterer.net/jigdo/> was written by Richard Atterer <jigdo atterer.net>, to make downloading of CD ROM images for the Debian Linux distribution more convenient. 19 May 2006 JIGDO-MIRROR(1)