Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users line endings help of non-ASCII files Post 302479147 by fpmurphy on Friday 10th of December 2010 01:23:22 AM
Old 12-10-2010
Pidgin, MSN and X509 certificates are problematic - lots of information on Web about the issues.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ASCII Files

Can you pls help on writing ASCII files? For example, how to you put SUPPLIER NO and NAME in an ASCIIfile? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yialousa
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

create email w/ ASCII attachment via command-line

All, I need to email an ASCII data file to a business partner, and intended on creating a Korn Shell script to create an email message (minimal text), and attach the ASCII data file to the email. It seems this is not as easy as I had thought it might be. sendmail does not support... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwperry
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

New line characters in Ascii file

I am having a file(1234.txt) downloaded from windows server (in Ascii format).However when i ftp this file to Unix server and try to work with it..i am unable to do anything.When i try to open the file using vi editor the file opens in the following format ... @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu2176
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with Sed/awk/grep and line endings

Hello I have created the following script, which is designed to manipulate a text document: #!/bin/sh # Get 3 lines, (last of which is "Quantity"); adjust order; put all three on one line with tabs. FILENAME=~/Desktop/email.txt LIST=$(grep -B2 "Quantity" ${FILENAME} |awk 'BEGIN { FS = "\n"; RS... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: benwiggy
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vi line endings conversions

I was reading these 2 articles. Why does the wikia one think :e ++ff=dos? Or am I just misunderstanding it? :e ++ff=unix :e ++ff=dos File format - Vim Tips Wiki Managing/Munging Line-Endings with Vi/Vim | Jeet Sukumaran (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a file that could have different endings

Hello all. Hope you can help. I am looking for a complete command to search for a file named HOSPCHK. The file could be listed with numbers after it like it could be listed with letters after it or a combination of both or just by it self. The other catch is the file that I want to look for... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: azapp51
27 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installing Generic Ascii Drivers For Line Matrix Printer

Hi, Does anybody have any idea as to how to setup a printer using a generic ascii driver? We have a Tally T6100 line matrix printer which is on our network and works fine in a Windows environment. We are trying to move this printer to Oracle Linux. I've contacted Tally as well as Printronix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethnsolomons
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vimrc help with line endings

I was reading this and thought I could put this in my vimrc and it would convert the line endings to unix. Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something? set ff=unixManaging/Munging Line-Endings with Vi/Vim | Jeet Sukumaran I used this command and it confirms that my global option is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail ignoring line endings

Mails from Sendmail are ignoring line endings, when I try to send email with attachment. I have tried to specify the font in the html but line endings are still ignored. I also tried unix2dos, still no luck. #!/usr/bin/ksh ###Send Email MAILTO=`cat mail2.list | tr -s '\n' ','` SUBJECT="bla bla... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Tip to remove line endings and spaces on a pre-formatted text file?

Hi, At the moment, using Notepad++ to do a search and replace, manually section by section which is real painful. Yeah, so copying each section of the line of text and putting into a file and then search and replace, need at least 3-operations in Notepad++. Here's hoping I will be able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies
PS2ASCII(1)							 Ghostscript Tools						       PS2ASCII(1)

NAME
ps2ascii - Ghostscript translator from PostScript or PDF to ASCII SYNOPSIS
ps2ascii [ input.ps [ output.txt ] ] ps2ascii input.pdf [ output.txt ] DESCRIPTION
ps2ascii uses gs(1) to extract ASCII text from PostScript(tm) or Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files. If no files are specified on the command line, gs reads from standard input; but PDF input must come from an explicitly-named file, not standard input. If no output file is specified, the ASCII text is written to standard output. ps2ascii doesn't look at font encoding, and isn't very good at dealing with kerning, so for PostScript (but not currently PDF), you might consider pstotext (see below). FILES
Run "gs -h" to find the location of Ghostscript documentation on your system, from which you can get more details. SEE ALSO
pstotext(1), http://www.research.digital.com/SRC/virtualpaper/pstotext.html VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 7.05. AUTHOR
L. Peter Deutsch <ghost@aladdin.com> was the original author. The current version has substantial improvements by David M. Jones <dmjones@theory.lcs.mit.edu>. 7.05 22 April 2002 PS2ASCII(1)