Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: core file creation issue
Operating Systems Solaris core file creation issue Post 302478843 by ctsgnb on Thursday 9th of December 2010 04:10:14 AM
Old 12-09-2010
What gives the following command on each of these servers ?
Code:
uname -a
prtconf

1) could you scp your script mand make a diff between both of them.
2) check whether you have the same hardware & same resource available on both of these serv (memory setting &/or quota/project ? are the memory sizing same ?)

Last edited by ctsgnb; 12-09-2010 at 05:55 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Time taken for creation of a huge core file

Hi, I needed to know how I can find out the time needed for an Unix machine(HP) to create a corefile as huge as 500MB(core created either by a SEGV or a kill -6 command). An approximate figure of the time taken would be really helpful.:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nayeem
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 9 NIS user creation issue

Helloo to all... what is the correct way to assign a password to a new NIS user on a NIS master server? When I the following: useradd -s /bin/bash -d /export/home/username -m username The user get created fine but when I try to assign a password I get: #passwd username... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exact issue in Core dump

Hi, I have a core dump problem in HP-UX. I have searched in this forum, but could not get any answer related to my issue. I debugged the core file by 'gdb' and by using 'bt' cmd I got the function and line no, but I am not sure that the problem lies on the same function . I want to know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronix007
0 Replies

4. AIX

Core File issue!Need help in DBX cmd's!

Hi , We have a Application running on AIX5.3 .It built by collection of c and pc programs. Now , i got a file "core" generated by "ProcessIse" executable. Really i do not have idea about core file analysis. can any one please help me?How do i fix this issue ? we have installed dbx can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vparunkumar
1 Replies

5. Solaris

gzip a file and append creation date stamp to file

I want to gzip a file and append the creation date to the end of the file. How can I accomplish this task. Basically they are log files which need a creation date stamp appended to make sure they do not overwrite other log files. -jack (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacktravine
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 11/06 Zone creation issue

Hi, I am new to zone creations in solaris 10. When I try to create a zone with "set ip-type=exclusive" it gives the usage. OS == Solaris 10 11/06 s10s_u3wos_10 SPARC Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: niman
17 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Core Dump Issue

Hi In SunOS the gdb command outputs the following info. ---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit--- Reading symbols from /opt/dcs_5.1/lib/libssl.so...done. Loaded symbols for /opt/dcs_5.1/lib/libssl.so Reading symbols from /opt/dcs_5.1/lib/libcrypto.so...done. Loaded symbols for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Issue with log creation

Hi, some logs are not getting created under the required folder, which was working fine when i saw last time(15days back). Thought may be some issue with syslog deamon and did lot of R&D. Still not able to fix the bug.:wall: Is there any one to help me out ? Quick response will be appreciated.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sricharan21
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with creating a text file in perl with file creation date.

Hi, I am quite new to Perl scripting and i need to create a .TXT file using perl, with fields (A,B,C,D,E), and this text file should be named with current file creation date "XYZ_CCYYMMDD.TXT" (i.e.XYZ_2011042514:33 PM). Can anyone who has done this, please share their expertise on this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
5 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

AIX 6.1 Self-Signed Cert Creation Issue

Hi, I'm trying to get a self-signed cert created on AIX 6.1, and it's not cooperating. I run the following command: gsk7cmd -cert -create -db /bin/A_CACertsOnly.kdb -pw blahblah -label testing -dn cn=machinename -expire 1000 -ca true...and get this response: The function is not supported for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster2
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)