Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with executing parallel sessions for same shell script with different but fixed parameters Post 302478769 by Opamps123 on Wednesday 8th of December 2010 11:26:30 PM
Old 12-09-2010
MySQL

Many Thanks for the advice.
Can this be implemented by dbms_scheduler package.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems executing SQL Plus sessions

If I execute this script: $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s <<EOF > oracle.log $DB_id/$DB_pswd@$DB_server start test.sql EOF the sql script executes with no errors. IF I execute the following script:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a same script in parallel with diffs parameters

i have script say some_script.ksh that takes an argument I need to run some_script.ksh in background parallely at the sametime with different arguments. Once all the background jobs complete, i need to run this script again in parallel with another 5 set of arguments. Would really... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hyennah
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing scripts in Parallel

Hi All, I have 3 shell scripts, Script1,Script2 and Script3. Now I want to run Script1 and Script2 in parallel and Script3 should depend on successful completion of both Script1 and Script2. Could you please suggest an approach of acheiving this... Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsme_maverick
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optional Parameters/arguments while executing a script.

Hello, I have a shell script "Test.ksh" and I need to pass 8 parameters/arguments while executing the script ./Test.ksh 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Out of these I want first 3 to be compulsory and rest 5 to be optional. Can you suggest the way to do this like and also how to pass these optional... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_u
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing two commands in parallel

Hi, I am stuck into a situation where i want to execute a command in my shell script well along with a previous command in order to achieve something but i am not figuring out a way. here is a snippet: service management restart rm -rf lock.file in the above, if you see, i am trying to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel SQL sessions in shell script

i have 3 sqls , sql 1 and sql 2 shuld run in parallel , but sql 3 should run after completion f sql1 nd sql2, my code is as below, please suggest the changes sqlplus username1/password1@DB1 @sql >> log1 & sqlplus username2/password2@DB2 @sql2 >> log1 & how can i execute the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Multiple Queries in parallel in Shell

I have n number of SQL queries needs to executed in Shell. Result of this query need to assign in a variable. Once all the queries are executed script needs to exit. Sample Query: SQL 1: Select Count(*) from TABLE GROUP BY COL1,COL2 SQL 2: Select Count(*) from TABLE GROUP BY COL1,COL2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niranjancse
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameters to a function and running functions in parallel

Hi , I have a script which is using a text file as I/P. I want a code where it reads n lines from this file and pass the parameters to a function and now this script should run in such a way where a function can be called in parallel with different parameters. Please find below my script, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel for in a Script Shell

Hello, This is my Script which configure a list of nodes. ( 40 nodes, and the configuration 10 minutes) #! /bin/sh if then echo "USE: ./start.sh nodes else nb_lignes=`wc -l $1 | cut -d " " -f1` echo "$nb_lignes machines" for i in $(seq $nb_lignes) //instructions done fi My... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Executing SQL's in parallel

Hi Folks, I have requirement to pull a bunch of SQL's from a table in DB and execute them in parallel and update the status of each query as and when they complete. Can you please help me with ideas on how this can be achieved? create table list_of_sql ( id number, full_sql... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: member2014
3 Replies
VOP_ADVISE(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					     VOP_ADVISE(9)

NAME
VOP_ADVISE -- apply advice about use of file data SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/vnode.h> int VOP_ADVISE(struct vnode *vp, off_t start, off_t end, int advice); DESCRIPTION
This call applies advice for a range of a file's data. It is used to implement the posix_fadvise system call. Its arguments are: vp The vnode of the file. start The start of the range of file data. end The end of the range of file data. advice The type of operation to apply to the file data. Possible values are: POSIX_FADV_WILLNEED Initiate an asynchronous read of the file data if it is not already resident. POSIX_FADV_DONTNEED Decrease the in-memory priority of clean file data or discard clean file data. If the start and end offsets are both zero, then the operation should be applied to the entire file. Note that this call is advisory only and may perform the requested operation on a subset of the requested range (including not performing it at all) and still return success. LOCKS
The file should be unlocked on entry. RETURN VALUES
Zero is returned if the call is successful, otherwise an appropriate error code is returned. ERRORS
[EINVAL] An invalid value was given for advice. SEE ALSO
vnode(9) BSD
October 3, 2013 BSD