Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers regex to split a line correctly Post 302478717 by tevious on Wednesday 8th of December 2010 05:22:17 PM
Old 12-08-2010
Woo oo,
I though that was the awk command but you gave me the solution actually by the shell itselfSmilie

I'll try it tomorrow because it's late in my country and I'm tired.
I'll come back later if necessary...Smilie

You've probably fix the problem, so thanks a lot againSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to display correctly the contents of a file without a line feed

I am using AIX and ksh. I need to display the contents of a file that has a pid (process id). Because the file is open, it doesn't have the line feed or new line, so for some reason if I do this: `cat $pid` , where $pid is the name of the fully qualified file, it displays test3.sh: 426110:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gato
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: first line not processed correctly

Hey, I've made a little awk-script which reorders lines. Works okay, only problem is that is doesn't process the first line correctly. If I switch lines in the Input file it doesn't proces this first line either. Somebody please help! Here's is the code and the input file! thanx ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BartleDuc
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: delete regex line and next line if blank

Hi, I want to write a sed script which from batiato: batiato/giubbe: pip_b.2.txt pip_b.3.txt pip_b.3mmm.txt bennato: bennato/peterpan: 123.txt consoli: pip_a.12.txt daniele: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: one71
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a line on positions before reading complete line

Hi, I want to split before reading the complete line as the line is very big and its throwing out of memory. can you suggest. when i say #cat $inputFile | while read eachLine and use the eachLine to split its throwing out of memory as the line size is more than 10000000 characters. Can you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

split single line into two line or three lines

Dear All, I want to split single line into two line or three lines wherever “|” separated values comes using Input line test,DEMTEMPUT20100404010012,,,,,,,,|0070086|0070087, output shoule be test,DEMTEMPUT20100404010012,,,,,,,,0070086, test,DEMTEMPUT20100404010012,,,,,,,,0070087, (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON shell script only runs correctly on command line

Hi, I'm new to these forums, and I'm hoping that someone can solve this problem... To make things short: I have DD-wrt set up on a router. I'm trying to run a script in CRON that fetches the daily password from my database using SSH. CRON is set like so(in web interface): * * * *... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: louieaw
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to specify beginning-of-line/end-of-line characters inside a regex range

How can I specify special meaning characters like ^ or $ inside a regex range. e.g Suppose I want to search for a string that either starts with '|' character or begins with start-of-line character. I tried the following but it does not work: sed 's/\(\)/<do something here>/g' file1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read regex from ID file, print regex and line below from source file

I have a file of protein sequences with headers (my source file). Based on a list of IDs (which are included in some of the headers), I'd like to print out only the specified sequences, with only the ID as header. In other words, I'd like to search source.txt for the terms in IDs.txt, and print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex to split a string and write the output in another file.

hi, i am trying to write a script to generate ouput in the following format: ##### buildappi abcd_sh nodebug.##### ##### buildappi ijk_sh nodebug.##### The given string is as follows: xtopSharedDLLs = "abcd_sh def_sh ijk_sh " \ + "jkl_sh any_sh... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashid Khan
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using regex's from file1, print line and line after matches in file2

Good day, I have a list of regular expressions in file1. For each match in file2, print the containing line and the line after. file1: file2: Output: I can match a regex and print the line and line after awk '{lines = $0} /Macrosiphum_rosae/ {print lines ; print lines } ' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
1 Replies
CountryCode(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  CountryCode(3pm)

NAME
NCC::CountryCode - Perl extension for blah blah blah SYNOPSIS
use NCC::CountryCode; my $cc = new NCC::CountryCode(); my $cc_hash = $cc->getCCs(); print ($cc->isCC('NL')) ? "exists" : "non-existing"; $cc->CC2Country('fr'); $cc->Country2CC('russia'); DESCRIPTION
This module provides class and several methods to simplify mapping between country names and country codes, as they assigned in the ISO3166. The CC2Country() method maps country code to the corresponding country name or empty string, if it doesn't exist. The Country2CC() tries to map passed country name into country code. As the spelling of the name may vary, this function tries to find all possible matches for passed name. In array context method returns hash of country codes and names, in scalar - a string, containing all possible country codes and corresponding country names. The isCC() method verifies, that passed country code is a legal one and returns it in upper case. Otherwise it returns empty string. The getCCs() method returns the reference to the internal hash, that containes all the country codes with corresponding them country names. BUGS
In addition to the country codes defined by ISO3166 standart this module also introduce 'UK' as a synonim for 'GB' and 'EU' as additional 'virtual' name for the Europe itself. AUTHOR
Timur Bakeyev, timur@ripe.net SEE ALSO
perl(1). perl v5.10.1 2001-09-10 CountryCode(3pm)