Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extract characters from file name - script Post 302478636 by mambo2523 on Wednesday 8th of December 2010 11:48:22 AM
Old 12-08-2010
extract characters from file name - script

trying to extract the numbers in this file name:
Code:
fname="ebcdic.f0633.cmp_ebcdic.f0633.bin"
fnametmp=${fname#*[_.](V|v|F|f)}
parse=${fnametmp%%[_.](ENC|enc|CMP|cmp|BIN|bin)}}
echo FLRECL=$parse

result is FLRECL=0633.cmp_ebcdic.f0633

expected result FLRECL=0633

my guru is on holiday and i need to get this running today. any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Franklin52; 12-08-2010 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep and extract the characters after

Hi All, I have lines like below in a file A /u/ab/test1.dat A/u/ab/test2.dat A /u/bb/test3.dat A/u/cc/test4.dat I will need /u/ab/test1.dat /u/ab/test2.dat /u/bb/test3.dat /u/cc/test4.dat Pls help Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumsup9
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to extract characters

Hi, Please let me know how do we write a piece of code to extract characters from a line using SED. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shilpi
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

extract field of characters after a specific pattern - using UNIX shell script

Hello, Below is my input file's content ( in HP-UX platform ): ABCD120672-B21 1 ABCD142257-002 1 ABCD142257-003 1 ABCD142257-006 1 From the above, I just want to get the field of 13 characters that comes after 'ABCD' i.e '120672-B21'... . Could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jansat
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract characters from a variable

Hi All, I have scenario as below, I want to cut the characters and store it variable2.. and want to display the variable2.. as shown below... eg: the size may differs , i am show just an example..... numbers are not fixed in variable1..i want to extract characters and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract 7 characters immediately after text '19' from a large file.

Hi All!! I have a large file containing millions of record. My purpose is to extract 7 characters immediately after text '19' from this file (including text '19') and save the result in new file. So, my OUTPUT would be as under : 191234561 194567894 192789005 198839408 and so on..... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data between two characters

Hi, how can i extract a data between two characters input file is abc efg hig - 99.4% (16337276 kB) used efg klm - 47.1% (7734968 kB) used hij - 99.4% (16341464 kB) used klm -93.7% (15394516 kB) used output should be 99.4 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobycxa
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract last 8 characters from a file name

Dear gurus I have several files with the following format filenameCCYYMMDD , that is the last 8 characters will be the date in CCYYMMDD format. eg FILENAME20110523 . Could anyone please put me through on how to extract only the last 8 characters from the files. I am thinking of using awk,sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erinlomo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract characters between two search words in a script!!

Hi, I have a log file which is the output from a xml script : <?xml version="1.0" ?> <!DOCTYPE svc_result SYSTEM "MLP_SVC_RESULT_320.DTD"> <svc_result ver="3.2.0"> <slia ver="3.0.0"> <pos> <msid type="MSISDN" enc="ASC">8093078040</msid> <poserr> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunstarz
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract characters from a string name

Hi All, I am trying to extract only characters from a string value eg: abcdedg1234.cnf How can I extract only characters abcdedg and assign to a variable. Please help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract 8 characters from a large file.

Hi All!! I have a large file containing millions of records. My purpose is to extract 8 characters immediately from the given file. 222222222|ZRF|2008.pdf|2008|01/29/2009|001|B|C|C 222222222|ZRF|2009.pdf|2009|01/29/2010|001|B|C|C 222222222|ZRF|2010.pdf|2010|01/29/2011|001|B|C|C... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavand
5 Replies
clm residue(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						    clm residue(1)

NAME
      clm residue - extend clustering of subgraph to clustering of graph.

clmresidue  is  not  in  actual fact a program. This manual page documents the behaviour and options of the clm program when invoked in mode
      residue. The options -h, --apropos, --version, -set, --nop are accessible in all clm modes. They are described in the clm manual page.

SYNOPSIS
      clm residue -icl fname (input clustering) -imx fname (input graph) [-rpm fname (residue projection matrix)]  [-o	fname  (output	clustering
      file)]

DESCRIPTION
      The cluster file presumably contains a clustering of a subgraph of the graph G contained by the matrix file, implying that the row domain of
      that clustering is a subset of the node domain of the graph. clm residue will compute  a	simple	upwards  projection  of  that  clustering,
      resulting in a clustering of G.

OPTIONS
      -imx fname (input graph)

-icl fname (input clustering)

-rpm fname (residue projection matrix)
	The name for the file in which the residue projection matrix is stored.  It contains for each node and for each cluster in the input clus-
	tering the combined weight of the (edges to the) neighbours of that node in that cluster.  The default output file name is out.rpm.

-o fname (output clustering file)
	The name for the file in which the majority vote projection clustering is stored. Aka the majority vote projection clustering storage file
	name.

This  embodies	a very crude approach to distributing the missing nodes in the input clustering onto that same cluster. For each node, the
	cluster is taken for which the residue projection is the largest (see above). The residue (i.e. the set of  missing  nodes)  is  initially
	viewed	as  a  cluster;  the set of nodes for which the projection is largest for the residue itself will form a new cluster, if it is not
	empty.

By default output is sent to STDOUT.

AUTHOR
      Stijn van Dongen.

SEE ALSO
      mclfamily(7) for an overview of all the documentation and the utilities in the mcl family.

clm residue 12-068						      8 Mar 2012						      clm residue(1)