Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calling bash command in perl script Post 302478443 by R0H0N on Wednesday 8th of December 2010 03:09:16 AM
Old 12-08-2010
Sorry..!! I didn't understand your question.

Now here is one simple solution for that. You can use system command to solve this problem.

PHP Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
#Calling the bash script
my $cmd "\/usr\/openv\/netbackup\/bin\/admincmd\/bperror -backstat -l -hoursago 12 |awk '{ print $19, $12, $14, $16}'|grep -vi default|sort > \/var\/tmp\/error.out";
system("$cmd");
#`/script/bperror14 > /var/tmp/errorout`;
#

open FILE"/var/tmp/errorout" or die $!;
chomp($hostname=`uname -n`);
chomp($date=`date`);
$count=0;
#
while (<FILE>)
{
        (
$code,$client,$policy,$sched) = split(/ /,$_);
                {
mailx -"Client $client : $hostname Code $codemymail@company.com`;

}
}
close(FILE); 
Use "\"(escape character) wherever required in "$cmd" initialization.
R0H0N

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling 3 perl script from one

hi all, I have 3 perl scripts a.pl,b.pl and c.pl each of these work when i pass a date for eg: perl c.pl 2010-05-27 now i want to write a perl script that would call the 3 scripts and make it run all the 3 scripts (a.pl,b.pl,c.pl) parallelly rather than 1 after the other....... pls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva_nagarajan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick question: calling c-shell script from bash

Hello, I have a quick reference question: I have a very long, but fairly straigtforward script written in c-shell. I was wondering if it is possible to call this script from bash (for ex. having a function in bash script which calls the c-shell script when necessary), and if so, are there any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lapiduslost
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Calling BASH script from JAVA

Hi, I am trying to call a bash script from a java file. Code to call bash script will look like: Runtime runtime = Runtime.getRuntime(); Process process = runtime.exec("mybashfile.sh"); It is succesfully calling the bash file. I am using simple rm commands in the script to remove... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshman.forums
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a Perl script in a Bash script -Odd Situation

I am creating a startup script for an application. This application's startup script is in bash. It will also need to call a perl script (which I will not be able to modify) for the application environment prior to calling the application. The problem is that this perl script creates a new shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet01
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a bash command from within a perl script?

In a bash script, one can call a perl command in the following manner, where "myperlcommand" is a perl command. perl -e 'myperlcommand(arguments)' perl -e 'print("UUUU"x4)' Now, how can one call a bash command from within a perl script? (Suppose that mybashcommand is a bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LessNux
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a perl script with arguments from a parent perl script

I am trying to run a perl script which needs input arguments from a parent perl script, but doesn't seem to work. Appreciate your help in this regard. From parent.pl $input1=123; $input2=abc; I tried calling it with system("/usr/bin/perl child.pl $input1 $input2"); and `perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling function from another bash script

I would like to call functions from another bash script. How can I do it? Some code More code (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password check in bash script calling on expect

password check in bash script calling on expect Background: I have to copy a file from one server, to over 100 servers in a test environment. once the file is copied, it requires to have the permissions on the file changed/verified. These are all linux servers. most of them have the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2legit2quit
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling msys shell from bash script

Hi all, I am struck at a very tricky problem. Writing a bash script that calls msys.bat which inherently launches sh.exe. Now from my bash script, I call msys.bat and it creates a shell within. The problem is: I cannot pass any commands to this new shell from my bash script. I need to be able to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweetu1995
5 Replies

10. Programming

Calling bash script from CGI

Hi, I am having two individual scripts Script 1): CGI script - is a simple script which trigger bash script Script 2): Bash script - is a script which execute which collects file system utilization information from all the Unix servers If I am executing CGI script manually from command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen.6025
2 Replies
sysadm_su_selinux(8)					     SELinux Policy sysadm_su					      sysadm_su_selinux(8)

NAME
sysadm_su_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the sysadm_su processes DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the sysadm_su processes via flexible mandatory access control. The sysadm_su processes execute with the sysadm_su_t SELinux type. You can check if you have these processes running by executing the ps command with the -Z qualifier. For example: ps -eZ | grep sysadm_su_t ENTRYPOINTS
The sysadm_su_t SELinux type can be entered via the su_exec_t file type. The default entrypoint paths for the sysadm_su_t domain are the following: /usr/(local/)?bin/ksu, /bin/su, /usr/bin/su, /usr/bin/kdesu PROCESS TYPES
SELinux defines process types (domains) for each process running on the system You can see the context of a process using the -Z option to ps Policy governs the access confined processes have to files. SELinux sysadm_su policy is very flexible allowing users to setup their sysadm_su processes in as secure a method as possible. The following process types are defined for sysadm_su: sysadm_su_t, sysadm_sudo_t Note: semanage permissive -a sysadm_su_t can be used to make the process type sysadm_su_t permissive. SELinux does not deny access to per- missive process types, but the AVC (SELinux denials) messages are still generated. BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on least access required. sysadm_su policy is extremely flexible and has several booleans that allow you to manipulate the policy and run sysadm_su with the tightest access possible. If you want to allow users to resolve user passwd entries directly from ldap rather then using a sssd server, you must turn on the authlo- gin_nsswitch_use_ldap boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap 1 If you want to deny any process from ptracing or debugging any other processes, you must turn on the deny_ptrace boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P deny_ptrace 1 If you want to allow all domains to use other domains file descriptors, you must turn on the domain_fd_use boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P domain_fd_use 1 If you want to allow all domains to have the kernel load modules, you must turn on the domain_kernel_load_modules boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P domain_kernel_load_modules 1 If you want to allow all domains to execute in fips_mode, you must turn on the fips_mode boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P fips_mode 1 If you want to enable reading of urandom for all domains, you must turn on the global_ssp boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P global_ssp 1 If you want to allow confined applications to run with kerberos, you must turn on the kerberos_enabled boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P kerberos_enabled 1 If you want to allow system to run with NIS, you must turn on the nis_enabled boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P nis_enabled 1 If you want to allow confined applications to use nscd shared memory, you must turn on the nscd_use_shm boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P nscd_use_shm 1 If you want to enable polyinstantiated directory support, you must turn on the polyinstantiation_enabled boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P polyinstantiation_enabled 1 If you want to support NFS home directories, you must turn on the use_nfs_home_dirs boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P use_nfs_home_dirs 1 If you want to support SAMBA home directories, you must turn on the use_samba_home_dirs boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P use_samba_home_dirs 1 NSSWITCH DOMAIN
If you want to allow users to resolve user passwd entries directly from ldap rather then using a sssd server for the sysadm_su_t, sysadm_sudo_t, you must turn on the authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap boolean. setsebool -P authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap 1 If you want to allow confined applications to run with kerberos for the sysadm_su_t, sysadm_sudo_t, you must turn on the kerberos_enabled boolean. setsebool -P kerberos_enabled 1 MANAGED FILES
The SELinux process type sysadm_su_t can manage files labeled with the following file types. The paths listed are the default paths for these file types. Note the processes UID still need to have DAC permissions. faillog_t /var/log/btmp.* /var/log/faillog.* /var/log/tallylog.* /var/run/faillock(/.*)? initrc_var_run_t /var/run/utmp /var/run/random-seed /var/run/runlevel.dir /var/run/setmixer_flag krb5_host_rcache_t /var/cache/krb5rcache(/.*)? /var/tmp/nfs_0 /var/tmp/DNS_25 /var/tmp/host_0 /var/tmp/imap_0 /var/tmp/HTTP_23 /var/tmp/HTTP_48 /var/tmp/ldap_55 /var/tmp/ldap_487 /var/tmp/ldapmap1_0 lastlog_t /var/log/lastlog.* security_t /selinux COMMANDS
semanage fcontext can also be used to manipulate default file context mappings. semanage permissive can also be used to manipulate whether or not a process type is permissive. semanage module can also be used to enable/disable/install/remove policy modules. semanage boolean can also be used to manipulate the booleans system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was auto-generated using sepolicy manpage . SEE ALSO
selinux(8), sysadm_su(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8), chcon(1), sepolicy(8) , setsebool(8) sysadm_su 14-06-10 sysadm_su_selinux(8)