Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bus error
Top Forums Programming Bus error Post 302478315 by achenle on Tuesday 7th of December 2010 03:56:18 PM
Old 12-07-2010
Use something like IBM's Purify on your application.

It's a LOT cheaper than trying to find memory corruption bugs by just looking for them.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bus Error

This may belong in the C Programming forum, but here goes anyway... What would cause a bus error? I searched google for a cause, but came up with some conflicting reports... Could it be caused by disk space? A lot of the pages I found mentioned linking with the incorrect versions of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bus error on solaris

Hi there I am running soalris 9 on a sun fire 480r and all of a sudden (today) whenever the users run the command `top` we get the following message `bus error` does anybody have any information on what this is all about and whether there is a routine i can perform to gather more... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bus error(coredump

aix 5.3 ML1 system was functioing well, when suddenly telnet session hung and then I got the following message "Bus error(coredump)" would appreciate if anyone would assist as to what to do next. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Student37
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bus Error(coredump)

Hi, I am using HP-UX. While i try to run the Sqlplus command using the shel script in encounter the following error: <shell script name>: some number Bus Error(coredump) What may be the reason behind this. I read few previous threads in this forum where i found some similar case. There it was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayesh
2 Replies

5. Programming

BUS error

Hi! I've got a program which runs fine under Linux, but I have compiled it to run under SunOS 5.8 in a Sparc computer, and now it sometimes fails with "bus error". Ussing gdb I surfed to the error line, which is *pointer = some_vector; where some_vector is a 16 byte struct (4 integers)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shesatmine
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bus error (coredump)

Hi all, I am getting bus error problem in SunOS. Can you please help me out in this regard. Actually, my entire code till the last line has been executed. But after tht i am getting a bus error. Please help me. Thanks in advance. Charu. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charu
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

Need help on Bus error(coredump)

Hi all, I am quite weak in C but I need to get some work done. Hope someone can help me out. I keep getting this error when i try to run my C application in my HP-UX 10.20 machine. Some code snippet: Month(DBTime) =====This is a function which will return variable "CutOffTime" to be use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vision©
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

Bus Error

I am getting bus error when i include "#!/bin/ksh". If i remove interpreter then script is working. Can anyone explain this and how can i avoid this error? Operating System is HP-UX B.11.23 U 9000/800 1091834454 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anbu23
2 Replies

9. Programming

Bus error in tree insertion

Hi, I am new to C++ and unix. I am trying to write a programm for inserting elements into a binary tree. To get the code flow I used few Couts and m facing buss error while insertion. Below is the code snippet. explainations needed. thanks :) #include <iostream.h> struct mytree { int... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vineetjoshi
1 Replies

10. Programming

Bus Error: 10...Help please!

Hi all, I am writing a phonebook program to store names and number using a list. Here is the code for the function which allows the user to enter the name and number (where the error occurs). //THIS FUNCTION ADDS A NEW ENTRY TO THE phonebook_list void insert(void){ //variables int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdejan
5 Replies
QWPrimitives(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 QWPrimitives(3pm)

NAME
Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::QWPrimitives - QWizard primitives for DNSSEC-Tools SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::QWPrimitives; use Getopt::Long::GUI; our @guiargs; DTGetOptions( ..., ['GUI:nootherargs',1], ['GUI:otherprimaries',dnssec_tools_get_qwprimitives()], ['GUI:submodules','getzonefiles','getzonenames'], ); DESCRIPTION
QWizard is a dynamic GUI-construction kit. It displays a series of questions, then retrieves and acts upon the answers. This module provides access to QWizard for DNSSEC-Tools software. In particular, the dnssec_tools_get_qwprimitives() returns a set of primary screens for requesting a set of zone files followed by a set of domain names for those zone files. These are then pushed into the @guiargs which should be treated as the final ARGV array to process. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005-2012 SPARTA, Inc. All rights reserved. See the COPYING file included with the DNSSEC-Tools package for details. AUTHOR
Wes Hardaker <hardaker@users.sourceforge.net> SEE ALSO
Getopt::GUI::Long(3), Net::DNS(3), QWizard(3) http://www.dnssec-tools.org perl v5.14.2 2012-01-27 QWPrimitives(3pm)