Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replace information in a file Post 302478289 by daveisme on Tuesday 7th of December 2010 02:12:11 PM
Old 12-07-2010
Thanks. Is there any way to do that if there are several lines that begin with server?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File/directory information......

Basically i have done created the script below, and it functions ok, it prints the access rights the user has. But i need it to print the group permissions, and other permissions, it would also be helpful if i could print the permissions in numeric form aswell, if it is possible. I have looked in... (50 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makaveli.2003
50 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting information from a file

I have a file which is of the format :- /Ixxxxxx/WORK/HANDOFF;/xxxxxx/WORK/MB_BACKUP;<servername>;<dest-servername>;\\\\CAICMESF002DATA_GRP\OPERATIONS\IBBSSPOOLS\HANDOFF\;ACHOFF*;achoff;binary;3;1;|ACHOFF.zip;0;1;0; I want to grep all capital and small OFF pattern in a format :- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlesh_k
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Only the required tag information the XML file file

Hi i have a single line xml file having many account no tag, from which i need only the account no from the tag. any one can help on this. below is the xml file: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saravanapk
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying Information from One File to Another File in Shell

Hello, I'm new to scripting and I need help moving text from one file to another file. Here are examples what the files look like. File 1: Ac-223 2.10m A 1 0 0 0 Fr-219 358 9.9000E-01 0 0.0 0 0.0 0 0.0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamachan414
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create shell script to extract unique information from one file to a new file.

Hi to all, I got this content/pattern from file http.log.20110808.gz mail1 httpd: Account Notice: close igchung@abc.com 2011/8/7 7:37:36 0:00:03 0 0 1 mail1 httpd: Account Information: login sastria9@abc.com proxy sid=gFp4DLm5HnU mail1 httpd: Account Notice: close sastria9@abc.com... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading a file extracting information writing to a file

Hi I am trying to extract information out of a file but keep getting grep cant open errors the code is below: #bash #extract orders with blank address details # # obtain the current date # set today to the current date ccyymmdd format today=`date +%c%m%d | cut -c24-31` echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruble
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep? - using a file of terms to search another file when the information is on a different line

I have a flat file that looks like this, let's call it Chromosome_9.txt: FT /Gene_Name="Guanyl-Acetylase 9" FT /Gene_Number"36952" FT /Gene_Name="Endoplasmic Luciferase" FT /Gene_Number"36953" FT ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract information a file according key id in another file?

hi, i have a large file containing the detailed information of a bunch of keys like this: JAT_0001 contig102_342_3_n2 contig102_342 atgcacgacta 30 50 20... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_simpsons
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create file and file content based existing information?

Hi Gurus, I am SQL developer and new unix user. I need to create some file and file content based on information in two files. I have one file contains basic information below file1 and another exception file file2. the rule is if "zone' and "cd" in file1 exists in file2, then file name is... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Torhong
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search for the information at file

I'm having few question. i'm have a input file. Other information CONNECTIONS "BP-COLLECTOR" J6.4 "BP-TEST".4; +5VS C34.1 U21.1; DEV_I2C_SDA J6.6 R4.1 U18.1; DEVICES "BP-TEST" 1."BP-LED_ANODE" (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
8 Replies
namepool(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       namepool(4)

NAME
namepool - DHCP server database DESCRIPTION
The namepool database provides joind with names that are available for dynamic assignment to clients of the DHCP protocol. For each DHCP server and domain name (NIS or DNS), the database contains a collection of names available for allocation to DHCP clients within those domains. One name plays a distinguished role - it is used as a prefix when the pool has been exhausted. Names are generated from the pre- fix by appending a number, 1,2.., and a trailing 'd'. The namepool file is read whenever joind starts. Names within the database must not be allocated to hosts which are not DHCP clients, and if the administration of a domain is shared between several DHCP servers, the name- pools that each has must be disjoint. Names may be added and removed from the namepool file. If a name is removed from the file it remains bound to the client to which it was allocated; if no such binding is in effect the name is excised from the server's pool the next time the server starts. Once a name is dynamically bound to a host it will never be reused even if that host subsequently acquires a new name, but there is no need to remove it from namepool. FORMAT Blank lines and lines beginning with a number sign (#) are ignored. A new entry must begin in column one and has one of the following for- mats: domain server domain server name_prefix The domain variable is the domain in which the names which follow are assigned. The server variable is the name or IP address of the server in charge of allocating these names to clients. The prefix variable is the prefix that will be used when the pool is exhausted. Succeeding lines contain one or more names for domains that are to be allocated by the server. Each of these succeeding lines must begin with at least one white space character. FILES
/etc/join/namepool RELATED INFORMATION
joind(8), join.ipaddresses(4) delim off namepool(4)