Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to see actual filename that File Descriptor is pointing to for a given processID? Post 302478217 by DGPickett on Tuesday 7th of December 2010 11:06:46 AM
Old 12-07-2010
A dir is an inode a process can open to examine using dirent, just like a flat file except for the inode status, inability to shrink and internal structure of int inode# and null term char name[] pairs. I get a ton of hits from fuser $HOME. I does seem a bit sloppy to leave them open, but there it is.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file activity (open/closed) file descriptor info using KORN shell scripting

I am trying to find a way to check the current status of a file. Such as some cron job processes are dependent on the completion of others. if a file is currently being accessed / modified or simply open state I will wait until it is done being processed before attempting the next process on that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Dunn
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Descriptor Help

What is a file descriptor in Unix?? How to find a file descriptor of a file in Unix?? Does it have anything to do with the Inode numbers?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Descriptor

Hello All, Im opening a file desciptor in perl and sending data using print CMD "$xyz". is there a limit to the length of the string that I can give to this CMD at a time. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimser9
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Descriptor

Hi What the below path contains? /proc/<pid>/fd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a user interface pointing to a file?

I have to create a user interface in which user can easily update ,delete or insert a new record which is pointing to a file in AIX Server? Using awk,sed ican update ,modify the file. how to create a link to userlike GUI(without using Tomcat,IIS) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open the file and replace the variable with actual value

Hi, i have a sql file named sample.sql. The query is given below. select count(*) from $TABLE_NAME In the main script, i am sourcing this sql. I need to replace the $TABLE_NAME with actual value, before running the query. How can i achieve that? The logic i tried is given below:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathappriyan
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Before I delete any file in Unix, How can I check no open file handle is pointing to that file?

I know how to check if any file has a unix process using a file by looking at 'lsof <fullpath/filename>' command. I think using lsof is very expensive. Also to make it accurate we need to inlcude fullpath of the file. Is there another command that can tell if a file has a truely active... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unlink and copy actual file

Hello, I have a set of directories, which has inside them, symbolic links to some files. What i would like to do is to covert the links into actual files, i.e. remove the link and copy the actual file here... I tried to see unlink command but i think all it does is delete the link, is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasbala
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting with file descriptor

hello, Someone can help me with redirectors? I am writing this script in bash enviroment on Fedora: exec 4<> /dev/tcp/10.10.11.30/5000 #open socket in input/output strings<&4 >file.txt & I send file descriptor 4 to string command to purge data stream from special char while come from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rattoeur
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Actual SQL instead of using a file from within a shell script

I am very noobish to UNIX, our guy is on vacation so I am trying to take up some slack while he is away. Typically when we use sql from within a shell script, we do so from a file containing the sql. Example: $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus $ORA_DBCU/$ORA_DBCP @${cron_dir}/${report_file}.sql ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: biobill
10 Replies
matchpathcon_checkmatches(3)				     SELinux API documentation				      matchpathcon_checkmatches(3)

NAME
matchpathcon_checkmatches, matchpathcon_filespec_add, matchpathcon_filespec_destroy, matchpathcon_filespec_eval - check and report whether any specification index has no matches with any inode. Maintenance and statistics on inode associations. SYNOPSIS
#include <selinux/selinux.h> void matchpathcon_checkmatches(char *str); int matchpathcon_filespec_add(ino_t ino, int specind, const char *file); void matchpathcon_filespec_destroy(void); void matchpathcon_filespec_eval(void); DESCRIPTION
matchpathcon_checkmatches checks whether any specification has no matches and reports them. The str argument is used as a prefix for any warning messages. matchpathcon_filespec_add maintains an association between an inode ino and a specification index specind, and checks whether a conflicting specification is already associated with the same inode (e.g. due to multiple hard links). If so, then it uses the latter of the two speci- fications based on their order in the file context configuration. Returns the specification index used or -1 on error. matchpathcon_filespec_destroy destroys any inode associations that have been added, e.g. to restart for a new filesystem. matchpathcon_filespec_eval displays statistics on the hash table usage for the inode associations. RETURN VALUE
Returns zero on success or -1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), matchpathcon(3), matchpathcon_index(3), freecon(3), setfilecon(3), setfscreatecon(3) sds@tycho.nsa.gov 21 November 2009 matchpathcon_checkmatches(3)