Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Problem wih MySQL installation Post 302477870 by Corona688 on Monday 6th of December 2010 03:07:03 PM
Old 12-06-2010
Try rebooting. If that doesn't fix it, see the first google hit for your problem.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysql installation error using redhat 7.2

i am a newbie to unix admin stuff so bare with me. -- i get this message when executing mysql_install_db during the installation of mysql. what is the cause of this and how can it be fixed. btw - i have tried installing as root and other accounts also. scripts/mysql_install_db:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theDirtiest
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

3. AIX

AIX - MySQL installation help

Hi, I'm facing troubles in installing MySQL on AIX 5.3. After I run make it's getting errors and exiting, few of the errors are pasted below. Please help me to install it succesfully. ld: 0711-235 WARNING: Archive member ../mysys/libmysys.a is not an object file or an import list.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishi
2 Replies

4. Linux

MySQL python installation

Hi I am using CentOS 4 machine..trying to install MySQL for python to setup a boinc project.. During the building process I am getting this error..I have even set the LD_lIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib where the libmysqlclient.so file is present.. ./python -E ./setup.py build ./python: error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gayathrirri
1 Replies

5. SCO

Transfer files wih directory structure.

I need to transfer software off a SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 server. I can not seem to read this server's tape on my other server since the tape drive (IBM Gen 5 DAT 72GB) will continuosly "eject" this DAT 8 tape. I have been able to 'tarball' most of the smaller directories with success and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxlunatick
11 Replies

6. Red Hat

Apache,php,mysql, and jdk 1.6 update 20 installation on RHEL 5.5

I want to install Apache (version 2.2.X), php (version 5.3.X),mysql (version 5.5.X) on RHEL 5.5. Guide re. site address for download all rpm. X = latest version. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasdaax
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need command for mysql installation

Hi All, I want to install mysql on my server but i dont have root access when i have tried to install this MySQL-client-3.3.15-3.rhel5.x24_74.rpm using the command rpm -ivh MySQL-client-3.3.15-3.rhel5.x24_74.rpm getting error error: can't create transaction lock on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Mysql apache installation

on ubuntu lamp server how to install mysql and apache? any instructions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinathk
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mysql installation - Operation not permitted

Hello, Since over one week, I have been consistently searching for a solution to my mysql installation errors. I surfed many sites on google to get rid of the issue. Now google gives me all the same results, I tested many of those solutions provided by... Now I am pulling hair I am under... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
12 Replies
MYSQL_SECURE_INST(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_SECURE_INST(1)

NAME
mysql_secure_installation - improve MySQL installation security SYNOPSIS
mysql_secure_installation DESCRIPTION
This program enables you to improve the security of your MySQL installation in the following ways: o You can set a password for root accounts. o You can remove root accounts that are accessible from outside the local host. o You can remove anonymous-user accounts. o You can remove the test database, which by default can be accessed by anonymous users. Invoke mysql_secure_installation without arguments: shell> mysql_secure_installation The script will prompt you to determine which actions to perform. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQL_SECURE_INST(1)