Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Disable Enter key to be pressed Post 302477701 by jim mcnamara on Monday 6th of December 2010 08:06:28 AM
Old 12-06-2010
This suggestion is not a great idea but it will work.
In the background code - issue a
Code:
#!/bin/bash
kill -STOP $PPID
..... run your code here
kill -CONT $PPID

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

know what key is pressed

hi i´m making a program, and i would like to know how can i know what key was pressed. i'm using Sun5.7 and C. is there a keypress/keypressed function in C? how can i know recognize the keys (enter, tab, shift, etc.)? can i recognize two keys ? (shift+A, ctrl+C, etc) any idea.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pressing backspace key simulates enter key

Hi, Whenever i press the backspace key, a new line appears, i.e. it works like a enter key. :confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify whether the return key is pressed ??

I want my program(ksh) to execute further only if the return key is pressed. Please help. i have already tried "\n", "\r", "^M" . Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AiK
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

screen blinks when escape key is pressed

hi folks, i am using sun solaris, when i press escape key in putty/netterm screen will blink for a second, plese let me know where this setting is done by my admin, what i feel is my admin must have set some control key for this so that screen will refresh each time i press escape key. please let... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudheer157
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

enter key solaris

Hi, When I run script on Sun Solaris (sassetup), it prompts to "Press Enter To Continue". Now I want to automate this, ie put sassetup in a script file. So, when I run this file, it should be executed automatically without waiting for anyone to press Enter Key. I have tried the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajjunaqvi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wait given time unless key pressed

Hello everyone. I'm trying to create a script that waits a given amount of time unless a given key is pressed. I found a very useful thread here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/59605-trap-key-press-script.html however, I cannot figure out a way of avoiding the keypress if the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cue
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i know the pressed key is arrowup?

Hi all, I need to know how to test a pressed key is arrowup or arrowdown and etc.. I found that the "echo" won't print anything if i enter the arrowup in the below code: read echo "you pressed $REPLY" Then i find a way to achieve my goal. 1 #! /bin/bash 2 3 ARROWUP='\;then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Enter Bios and disable onboard NICS?

Hi, I have to get into BIOS and disable onbaord NICS for an IBM server, can someone please help me out. I tried hitting F1 when reboot to get into BIOS, but it seems like a setup screen and I dont see any option to disable NICS? Thanks Sam (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam4919
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simulate enter key

I have a popup window that appears on every boot up. I would like to have it dismissed automatically each time instead of having to hit the enter key. I thought I could write a script that would execute on startup. I tried this xdotool key return andy@7_~/Downloads$ xdotool key ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
7 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD