Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl split, but ignoring extra delimiters Post 302477680 by goober on Monday 6th of December 2010 07:07:44 AM
Old 12-06-2010
Very cool, I had no idea it was possible to do that. Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split to array in perl

Collegues I have flat file in the following format. 137 (NNP Kerala) (NNP India) 92 (NN Rent) (NN Range) 70 (NNP Thiruvananthapuram) (NNP Kerala) 43 (NNP Tourist) (NNP Home) 40 (NNP Reserve) (NNP Now) 25 (SYM @) (NN hotelskerala) 25 (NNP Thiruvananthapuram-695001) (NNP Kerala) 23 (NN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Split Command in Perl

Hi, I have to split a line of the form 1232423#asdf#124324#54534#dcfg#wert#rrftt#4567 into an array in perl. I am using @fields; @fields=split('#',$line); if($fields eq "1") But this is not working. By using the syntax, the statements in "if" are never executed. Please help.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use split function in perl

Hello, if i have file like this: 010000890306932455804 05306977653873 0520080417010520ISMS SMT ZZZZZZZZZZZZZOC30693599000 30971360000 ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ202011302942311 010000890306946317387 05306977313623 0520080417010520ISMS SMT ZZZZZZZZZZZZZOC306942190000 30971360000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL cgi script... extra character driving me crazy

I'm using a PERL cgi script that uses rrdtool to make graphs. I can't get the syntax correct to use a degree sign (alt+0176 like this °) and also using a variable. If I use single quotes, I can't call the variable. If I use double quotes, there is an extra symbol (Â) before the ° which goes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: audiophile
2 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

PERL split function

Hi... I have a question regarding the split function in PERL. I have a very huge csv file (more than 80 million records). I need to extract a particular position(eg : 50th position) of each line from the csv file. I tried using split function. But I realized split takes a very long time. Also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: castle
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

PERL split function

Hi... I have a question regarding the split function in PERL. I have a very huge csv file (more than 80 million records). I need to extract a particular position(eg : 50th position) of each line from the csv file. I tried using split function. But I realized split takes a very long time. Also... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL split function

Hi... I have a question regarding the split function in PERL. I have a very huge csv file (more than 80 million records). I need to extract a particular position(eg : 50th position) of each line from the csv file. I tried using split function. But I realized split takes a very long time. Also... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl split and join

Hi, I have tried the split and join functions but stuck with unexpected results. Any help appreciated. I pass multiple values at command line like perl test.pl -type java,xml. This works good for me but i am not sure how to print it in the required format. Here is the code i tried:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split using two delimiters

I'm trying to do a split using two delimiters. The first delimiter is ": " (or we could call it :\s). The second is "\n". How can or these delimiters so I can toss the values into an array without issue? I tried @array = split /:\s|\n/, $myvar; This doesn't seem to be working. Any an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] split on : but with extra challenge

Hi, I am looking for a little bit more advanced split. Code: #!/usr/bin/perl -w #-d use strict; my $Line = "value1:{value2a:value2b}:value3:{}:value5:{value6a:value6b}"; my @LineAttributes = split (/:/, $Line); my $TotalLineAttributes = scalar @LineAttributes; print "Line:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
4 Replies
Rose::Object::MixIn(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Rose::Object::MixIn(3pm)

NAME
Rose::Object::MixIn - A base class for mix-ins. SYNOPSIS
package MyMixInClass; use Rose::Object::MixIn(); # Use empty parentheses here our @ISA = qw(Rose::Object::MixIn); __PACKAGE__->export_tag(all => [ qw(my_cool_method my_other_method) ]); sub my_cool_method { ... } sub my_other_method { ... } ... package MyClass; # Import methods my_cool_method() and my_other_method() use MyMixInClass qw(:all); ... package MyOtherClass; # Import just my_cool_method() use MyMixInClass qw(my_cool_method); ... package YetAnotherClass; # Import just my_cool_method() as cool() use MyMixInClass { my_cool_method => 'cool' } DESCRIPTION
Rose::Object::MixIn is a base class for mix-ins. A mix-in is a class that exports methods into another class. This export process is controlled with an Exporter-like interface, but Rose::Object::MixIn does not inherit from Exporter. When you use a Rose::Object::MixIn-derived class, its import method is called at compile time. In other words, this: use Rose::Object::MixIn 'a', 'b', { c => 'd' }; is the same thing as this: BEGIN { Rose::Object::MixIn->import('a', 'b', { c => 'd' }) } To prevent the import method from being run, put empty parentheses "()" after the package name instead of a list of arguments. use Rose::Object::MixIn(); See the synopsis for an example of when this is handy: using Rose::Object::MixIn from within a subclass. Note that the empty parenthesis are important. The following is not equivalent: # This is not the same thing as the example above! use Rose::Object::MixIn; See the documentation for the import method below to learn what arguments it accepts. CLASS METHODS
import ARGS Import the methods specified by ARGS into the package from which this method was called. If the current class can already perform one of these methods, a fatal error will occur. To override an existing method, you must use the "-force" argument (see below). Valid formats for ARGS are as follows: o A method name Literal method names will be imported as-is. o A tag name Tags names are indicated with a leading colon. For example, ":all" specifies the "all" tag. A tag is a stand-in for a list of methods. See the export_tag method to learn how to create tags. o A reference to a hash Each key/value pair in this hash contains a method name and the name that it will be imported as. Use this feature to import methods under different names in order to avoid conflicts with existing methods. o "-force" The special literal argument "-force" will cause the specified methods to be imported even if the calling class can already perform one or more of those methods. o "-target_class CLASS" The special literal argument "-target-class" followed by a class name will cause the specified methods to be imported into CLASS rather than into the calling class. See the synopsis for several examples of the import method in action. (Remember, it's called implicitly when you use a Rose::Object::MixIn-derived class with anything other than an empty set of parenthesis "()" as an argument.) clear_export_tags Delete the entire list of export tags. export_tag NAME [, ARRAYREF] Get or set the list of method names associated with a tag. The tag name should not begin with a colon. If ARRAYREF is passed, then the list of methods associated with the specific tag is set. Returns a list (in list context) or a reference to an array (in scalar context) of method names. The array reference return value should be treated as read-only. If no such tag exists, and if an ARRAYREF is not passed, then a fatal error will occur. export_tags Returns a list (in list context) and a reference to an array (in scalar context) containing the complete list of export tags. The array reference return value should be treated as read-only. AUTHOR
John C. Siracusa (siracusa@gmail.com) LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2010 by John C. Siracusa. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-04-27 Rose::Object::MixIn(3pm)