Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Perl-Upgradation from 5.8 to 5.12 Post 302477642 by pludi on Monday 6th of December 2010 04:21:13 AM
Old 12-06-2010
What distribution is this? Is there a version of Perl >5.10 available by the distribution?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

CPU upgradation on V880

We have 4 CPU in V880 server. we need to upgrade by one or two CPUs . Is it possible on 5 or 6 CPU on V880 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk2oo5
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Package Upgradation in solaris

Hi how would i upgrade any package from (say) version 4.1 to version 4.2 ? Help needed and help appreciated Thanks chakri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakri.penguin
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Whether the upgradation of oracle DB needs upgradation of sun solaris also?

Currently we are using Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 in sun solaris 5.9 server. We wnt to upgrade the oracle database to 10.2g. My doubt is that " what are the implications of this database upgradation in sun solaris server" "whether we need to upgrade the sunsolaris 5.9... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
3 Replies

4. Linux

Linux kernel upgradation

Hi, I am not able to upgrade the Linux kernel version 2.6.21.5 to 2.6.25. I tried applying the patches available in the Linux site. The patches are not getting applied successfully. I have the linux kernel 2.6.21.5 with some samsung patches on top of it. I want to upgrade that kernel to 2.6.25... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: poojasreejith
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Linux RHEL 4 upgradation problem

Hi All, I have some problem in upgrading Linux from kernel 2.4.21-4.EL to 2.4.21-27.EL. I downloaded the package from Rpm source : kernel-source-2.4.21-27.EL.i386 RPM I upgraded using rpm -Uvh kernel-source-2.4.21-27.EL It installed sucessfully, But when i check grub.conf file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VNK
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5.3 ML/TL upgradation

hi everybody, I want to apply the TL 5300-05. Presently TL is 5300-00. What steps i have to do while upgrading the maintenance level.??? Is it necessary to upgrade the firmware also?? If yes then my current firmware is Platform Firmware level is 3F050607 System Firmware level is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jit15975
3 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris upgradation from 8 to 10

Hi, Can anybody help me to upgrade my machinne from solaris 8 to solaris 10 Regards, ravich (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravich
1 Replies

8. Solaris

DNS Bind Upgradation in Solaris 10

Hi All , My current Bind version is BIND 9.6.1 and I want upgrade the same to BIND 9.8.1-P1 ,Can any one provide the steps to do the same ? Solaris Version : 5.10 Generic_144488-11 sun4v sparc Thanks , (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.tk
0 Replies

9. AIX

TL upgradation for AIX machine. Need help

Hi Experts, I have an AIX machine oslevel -s 5300-00-00 Now I need to upgrade its TL to a level 5300-06-03-0732 Kindly let me know if we can do this directly. I guss we have to upgrade TL from 1 , 2 ,3 ,4, 5 and 6, then I have to upgrade to 06-03-0732 . Am i right here ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadeava
6 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
lsb_release(1)						      General Commands Manual						    lsb_release(1)

NAME
lsb_release - print distribution-specific information SYNOPSIS
lsb_release [options] DESCRIPTION
The lsb_release command provides certain LSB (Linux Standard Base) and distribution-specific information. If no options are given, the -v option is assumed. OPTIONS
The program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`--'). A summary of options are included below. -v, --version Show the version of the LSB against which your current installation is compliant. The version is expressed as a colon separated list of LSB module descriptions. -i, --id Display the distributor's ID. -d, --description Display a description of the currently installed distribution. -r, --release Display the release number of the currently installed distribution. -c, --codename Display the code name of the currently installed distribution. -a, --all Display all of the above information. -s, --short Use the short output format for any information displayed. This format omits the leading header(s). -h, --help Show summary of options. NOTES
This is a reimplementation of the lsb_release command provided by the Free Standards Group. Any bugs are solely the responsibility of the author below. Detection of systems using a mix of packages from various distributions or releases is something of a black art; the current heuristic tends to assume that the installation is of the earliest distribution which is still being used by apt but that heuristic is subject to error. SEE ALSO
lsb(8) AUTHOR
Chris Lawrence <lawrencc@debian.org>. lsb_release(1)