Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux/Weblogic Admins?
Operating Systems Linux Linux/Weblogic Admins? Post 302477270 by mark54g on Saturday 4th of December 2010 12:29:50 AM
Old 12-04-2010
You could find out (Deal with taking resumes and the BS that accompanies that; liars, morons, etc to find the few that are actually golden in their field) by posting a req on a job forum like Dice.com - Job Search for Technology Professionals

Another thought, as this may be an issue, is to get two people. One can cover your app and another the systems. However, realize if you get one person, you will be in this remarkably bad position again. Any critical role should have at least two people performing it, as if one person leaves, you are up a creek without a paddle.

These people may exist, but prepare to pay for them. However, a job that is this important may be worth it, as without them, what will you do?

Is this a small company? Have you considered getting consultants until you fill the role?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Admins >

Just wanted to say great website and thank you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

admins and moderators..

hi admins and moderators, thread :https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=20620 my first thread in the forum.. i thought of some other answer. i like to tell you to delete that thread.. or tell anyother answer.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Any sys admins from uk?

Hello Guys, im new to this forum. Im from UK and ive recently completed my SCSA I & II and also got trained in Veritas Suite (Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas Clusters, Veritas NetBackup), SAN Configuration. I was trying to get a break as a junior sun solaris admin. I am applying for the jobs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megadeth
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Is Weblogic useful for unix admins?

Hi, I Need small conformation that "Upto what extent Weblogic is useful for Admins? Need help ASAP...PLz do the Favour. Thanx in Advance...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswanathkishor
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Thank you members and admins

Got a raise and a formal position of 'unix system engineer' in 2016. I would like to thank you members and admins. This would not be possible without you. I will mention some.. Thank you Don, for making me learn and understand the importance of standards, which i try to apply as much as i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peasant
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Behaviour of echo commands used by Linux admins

version info : Fedora 28 (Kernel version: 4.16.12-300) shell : bash Using echo command , if I redirect a text like "Chocolate" to a file , all the contents in the file are overwritten as shown below. # cat /tmp/someTest Hello world One more Hello world myLine3 # echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find weblogic version in Linux?

Hi All, I am able to find the weblogic version in Centos 7 by using below command but i am not sure what is java -cp is doing in below command. Can someone please help. unable to find info from java man page as well. # cd /opt/oracle/weblogic/wlserver*/server/lib && java -cp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravani25
1 Replies
GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)					       University of Chicago					     GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)

NAME
globus-gatekeeper-admin - Manage globus-gatekeeper services SYNOPSIS
globus-gatekeeper-admin [-h] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-l] [-n NAME] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-e SERVICE] [-n NAME] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-E] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-d SERVICE] DESCRIPTION
The globus-gatekeeper-admin program manages service entries which are used by the globus-gatekeeper to execute services. Service entries are located in the /etc/grid-services directory. The globus-gatekeeper-admin can list, enable, or disable specific services, or set a service as the default. The -h command-line option shows a brief usage message. Listing services The -l command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to list all of the services which are available to be run by the globus-gatekeeper. In the output, the service name will be followed by its status in brackets. Possible status strings are ENABLED, DISABLED, and ALIAS to NAME, where NAME is another service name. If the -n NAME is used, then only information about the service named NAME is printed. Enabling services The -e SERVICE command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to enable a service so that it may be run by the globus-gatekeeper. If the -n NAME option is used as well, then the service will be enabled with the alias NAME. Enabling a default service The -E command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to enable a service alias with the name jobmanager. The globus-gatekeeper-admin program will choose the first service it finds as the default. To enable a particular service as the default, use the -e parameter described above with the -n parameter. Disabling services The -d SERVICE command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to disable a service so that it may not be run by the globus-gatekeeper. All aliases to a disabled service are also disabled. FILES
/etc/grid-services Default location of enabled gatekeeper service descriptions. University of Chicago 12/13/2011 GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)