Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with Find Command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue with Find Command Post 302477043 by adi_2_chaos on Friday 3rd of December 2010 06:16:20 AM
Old 12-03-2010
Yes,

The quoting helped. Thanks so much..

Regards,
Sriram

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

An issue with find command.

Hi all, I have a shell script(ksh) which has the code as follows. ------------------ cd $mydir for i in `find ./ -type f -mtime +$k` do echo $i done ----------------------- And in $mydir , i have some files which have space in theie names like "Case att15". The out put of the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajugp1
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with find command using links

Hi, Having a simple issue with find command on Sun. The command works fine if the variable is set to the actual filesystem but fails when the variable is set to a link which is pointing to the same filesystem. export DUMPDEST=/oradata1/exports/pbm - Set the variable ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: win_vin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extrange Find command Issue

Hi all, i'm new at shell scripting world... I'm working on a script for searching old files on a server, this scripts runs with a configuration file wich indicates where to search the files, the script should search for all files that are older than an x qty of days, and the only clue that i have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: juanklavera
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Find command on Linux

Hi, I am issuing find command below mentioned ways but it givs different count. I don't understand the behaviour. Could any one have any clue? $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 -exec ls -lrt {} \; | wc -l 169 $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 | wc -l 47 $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 | wc -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command issue

I am currently using below command to get the 1st three characters of a file(PDM). Issue is, when i use find command in root dir, it finds all the files in sub dir also. How to limit the find command search to a given path only(ie: say only find file in apps/cmplus/datamigration/data path... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
3 Replies

6. Linux

find command issue

Hi, I am not root user. I am trying to find the file which has contains pattern "fvsfile" in root directory. If i run the find cmd then i got permission denied and all the files are listed include pattern files. i cant get file name yet find . print | xargs grep -i "fvsfile" I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue while using find command

Hi, I have created a shell script for Server Log Automation Process. I have used find xargs grep command to search the string. for Example, find -name | xargs grep "816995225" > test.txt . Here my problem is, We have lot of records and we want to grep the string... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command issue

Guys, Here is my requirement.. Sample.cfg file="*log.gz *txt.gz" sample.sh #!/bin/sh . $HOME/Sample.cfg find . -name "$file" -mtime +20 -exec ls -la {} \; Its not finding the given *log.gz and txt.gz files. Could anyone please help me? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in Find and mv command

Hi I am using the below code to find mv the files. Files are moving to the Target location as expected but find is displaying some errors like below. find ./ -name "Archive*" -mtime +300 -exec mv {} /mnt/X/ARC/ \; find: `./Archive_09-30-12': No such file or directory find:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command issue

Hi Guys, I have a file called error.logs. am just trying to display the content in the file which was modified last 1 day. I tried below command but it doesnt give the proper output. find /u/text/vinoth/bin "error.logs" -mtime -1 -exec cat {} \; >> mail.txt Any help is much... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinoth Kumar G
21 Replies
OPENVT(1)							     Linux 1.x								 OPENVT(1)

NAME
openvt - start a program on a new virtual terminal (VT). SYNOPSIS
openvt [-c vtnumber] [-s] [-u] [-l] [-v] [--] command command_options DESCRIPTION
openvt will find the first available VT, and run on it the given command with the given command options, standard input, output and error are directed to that terminal. The current search path ($PATH) is used to find the requested command. If no command is specified then the environment variable $SHELL is used. OPTIONS -c vtnumber Use the given VT number and not the first available. Note you must have write access to the supplied VT for this to work. -e Directly execute the given command, without forking. This option is meant for use in /etc/inittab. -s Switch to the new VT when starting the command. The VT of the new command will be made the new current VT. -u Figure out the owner of the current VT, and run login as that user. Suitable to be called by init. Shouldn't be used with -c or -l. -l Make the command a login shell. A - is prepended to the name of the command to be executed. -v Be a bit more verbose. -w wait for command to complete. If -w and -s are used together then openvt will switch back to the controlling terminal when the com- mand completes. -- end of options to openvt. NOTE
If openvt is compiled with a POSIX (GNU) getopt() and you wish to set options to the command to be run, then you must supply the end of options -- flag before the command. EXAMPLES
openvt can be used to start a shell on the next free VT, by using the command: openvt bash To start the shell as a login shell, use: openvt -l bash To get a long listing you must supply the -- separator: openvt -- ls -l HISTORY
Earlier, openvt was called open. It was written by Jon Tombs <jon@gtex02.us.es or jon@robots.ox.ac.uk>. The -w idea is from "sam". SEE ALSO
chvt(1), doshell(8), login(1) 19 Jul 1996 V1.4 OPENVT(1)