Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Line/Variable Editing for Awk sed Cut Post 302476742 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 2nd of December 2010 11:35:00 AM
Old 12-02-2010
Try this loop instead that reads the values directly into the variables:
Code:
while IFS=, read InstrName VarB VarC VarD VarE VarF x
do
  if [ "$VarC" = "$VarD" ]; then
    Total=$((VarC + VarF))
    echo "$InstrName , $Total"
  else
    echo "ERROR IN SYSTEM!! SEND EMAIL"
  fi
done < "$WorkingDir/solution.csv" > "$FileName"

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 12-02-2010 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: Added quotes around VarC and VarD in the test statement
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing File using awk/sed

Hello Awk Gurus, Can anyone of you help me with the below problem. I have got a file having data in below format pmFaultyTransportBlocks ----------------------- 9842993 pmFrmNoOfDiscRachFrames ----------------------- NULL pmNoRecRandomAccSuccess -----------------------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - editing file names (End of line problem?)

For lists in sed, to say what to replace, is this correct: I am hoping that this would recognise that either a "." is present, or that the substitution happens at the end of the line. For files with extensions , my script works perfectly. My problem is, files without extentions, i.e. . ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busillis
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a variable to sed or cut

:confused: Is it possible to send a variable to a sed or cut command? I have a test script as below: counter=1 while read line do # Test the file printf "$line" > temp$counter pref=$(cut c1-2000 $temp$counter | sed 's///g' | sed 's|.*PutTime\(.*)Origin.*|\1|') printf" let... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gugs
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk line editing

Hello I am trying to make an awk script that always replaces the same characters in a file, with white space in between. Can anyone write a script that prompts for the 3 numbers and then replaces them in the file? eg. enter a b c: 'it then puts a b c in the file. The file format is always ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gav2251
12 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

String editing using sed? awk?

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Problem Statement for project: When an account is created on the CS Unix network, a public html directory is created in the account's home directory. A default web page is put into that directory. Some users replace or... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: peage1475
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk editing help

Hi all I use aix (sadly). I've got a file consisting of fields separated by commas, I need a sed or awk command that will delete all spaces between two commas as long as there are only spaces between the commas. eg ,abc, ,sd , ,dr at would become ,abc,,sd ,,dr at I have... (53 Replies)
Discussion started by: mychmose
53 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut, sed, awk too slow to retrieve line - other options?

Hi, I have a script that, basically, has two input files of this type: file1 key1=value1_1_1 key2=value1_2_1 key4=value1_4_1 ... file2 key2=value2_2_1 key2=value2_2_2 key3=value2_3_1 key4=value2_4_1 ... My files are 10k lines big each (approx). The keys are strings that don't... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzd
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing file with awk cut and sed

HI All, I am new to unix. I have a file would like to do some editing by using awk, cut and sed. Could anyone help? This file contain 100 lines. There are one line for example: 2,"102343454",5060,"579668","579668","579668","SIP",,,"825922","035885221283026",1,268,"00:59:00.782 APR 17... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mimilaw
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk, cut, to extract specific data from line

Hi guys, I have been trying to do this, but... no luck so maybe you can help me. I have a line like this: Total Handled, Received, on queue Input Mgs: 140 / 14 => 0 I need to, get the number after the / until the =, to get only 14 . Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocramas
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and cut command in variable

hi, i want to remove 12 and 13 column from psv files and dump them in new folder ls -ltr *GTDA_Dly_Pmix_*.psv>filename.xls var1=`cat filename.xls` for i in $var1 do var3=`echo "$i" |cut -d '|' -f12,13 |sort -u` sed -e 's/"|$var3"//g... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: renuk
2 Replies
echo(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    echo(3XCURSES)

NAME
echo, noecho - enable/disable terminal echo SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int echo(void); int noecho(void); DESCRIPTION
The echo() function enables Echo mode for the current screen. The noecho() function disables Echo mode for the current screen. Initially, curses software echo mode is enabled and hardware echo mode of the tty driver is disabled. The echo() and noecho() functions control soft- ware echo only. Hardware echo must remain disabled for the duration of the application, else the behavior is undefined. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getch(3XCURSES), getstr(3XCURSES), initscr(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), scanw(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 echo(3XCURSES)