Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Terminal Highlight Auto-Copy in Fedora 14 Post 302476740 by Koopa_Troopa on Thursday 2nd of December 2010 11:26:39 AM
Old 12-02-2010
Terminal Highlight Auto-Copy in Fedora 14

Does anyone know how to Autocopy/paste this in Fedora 14 with a standard usb 2 button mouse?

Thanks in advance

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Dual Boot Win XP And Fedora with Fedora Installed First

Hi everyone, I hope this question goes here. Anyways, I have a unique situation where my friend's comp has Fedora installed and wants to add Win XP as a dual boot without formatting the drive. Is it possible to create a partition on the current hard drive and then install win xp? I couldn't find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auto copy for files from folder to folder upon instant writing

Hello all, I'm trying to accomplish that if a file gets written to folder /path/to/a/ it gets automatically copied into /path/to/b/ the moment its get written. I thought of writing a shell script and cron it that every X amount of minutes it copies these files over but this will not help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto-complete in terminal

Dear friend i have intalled sun solaris in vmware (vertual machine) untill now every things are ok but i have proplem when i tray to use tap key in terminal for auto complete the terminal window prsent to me space only i tried many also in many profile it seem the same proplem also if i print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed-syria
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

fedora grub help, moving to tri boot (XP, ubuntu, fedora soemething)

I will shortly be adding a fedora flavor to my devel box. I currently have XP (installed first on an ssd), ubuntu 10.04 (installed second on the first partition of a platter drive), and I want to add either Cent or SL on the second partition of the platter drive. I will probably also want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
0 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Copy entire line in bash (terminal) - keyboard shortcut

how can I do that? I can paste a line with ctrl+p; but I dont know how to copy it? ctrl+y - just deletes etc. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Copy files between partitions with "without auto-mount" option enabled - possible?

Hello, fellow Unixers and Macers, I'll run several OS X versions each on its own dedicated partition. Partitions won't be seeing each other (by editing fstab). Question: will I be able to copy files between those partitions? Partition #1: Mavericks. Partition #2: HighSierra (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
2 Replies
WSMOUSED(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       WSMOUSED(8)

NAME
wsmoused -- multipurpose mouse daemon SYNOPSIS
wsmoused [-d device] [-f conf_file] [-m modes] [-n] DESCRIPTION
The wsmoused daemon provides mouse support in console, allowing copying and pasting text. The left mouse button is used to select text when held and you use the right button to paste it in the active console. Supported options are as follows: -d device specifies the device file to be used as the wsmouse(4) device. Defaults to /dev/wsmouse. -f conf_file specifies the configuration file to be used. Defaults to /etc/wsmoused.conf. -m modes specifies which modes should be activated. Mode names are given in the argument as a whitespace separated list. Overrides the 'modes' directive in the configuration file. -n do not fork in the background (for debugging purposes). Overrides the 'nodaemon' directive in the configuration file. Many other details can be tuned. See wsmoused.conf(5) for more information. wsmoused is designed to be a multipurpose mouse daemon. Functionality is provided through independent modes, enabled either through the -m flag or through the 'modes' property in the configuration file (the former takes precedence). The action mode The 'action' mode executes commands upon receiving mouse button events. Commands can be associated on a button basis, and can differentiate between push or release events. The selection mode The 'selection' mode provides visual copy and paste support in text consoles when using the wscons(4) device. A selection is created by clicking with the primary mouse button at any point on the screen and dragging it while clicked. When the button is released, the selected text is copied to an internal buffer for further pasting with the secondary button. FILES
/dev/ttyE[0-n] tty devices /dev/ttyEstat wsdisplay status notification device /dev/wsmouse[0-n] mouse control device /etc/wsmoused.conf default configuration file SEE ALSO
su(1), wscons(4), wsdisplay(4), wsmouse(4), rc.conf(5), ttys(5), wscons.conf(5), wsmoused.conf(5), moused(8), rc.subr(8) HISTORY
The wsmoused command first appeared in NetBSD 2.0. AUTHORS
The wsmoused command was developed by Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@NetBSD.org>. CAVEATS
wsmoused does work properly only with display drivers, which implement WSDISPLAYIO_GETWSCHAR and WSDISPLAYIO_PUTWSCHAR ioctls. Currently only vga(4) and drivers utilizing vcons(9) support it. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
When using the 'action' mode, commands specified in the configuration file are executed as the user who started the daemon. By default, this user is 'root' when using the rc.subr(8) framework. You should set 'wsmoused_user="<some_user>"' in rc.conf(5) to a safer user (and adjust file permissions accordingly) if the commands you want to execute do not require superuser privileges. An alternative is to use su(1) as part of the command string in the configuration file. NOTES
The following notes apply to all work modes: o When switching from the X screen to a text terminal, there is a small delay (five seconds) until the mouse works again. This time is used by X to close the mouse device properly. The following notes apply to the 'selection' mode only: o The mouse cursor is only visible for a short period of time. It will disappear when you stop moving it to avoid console corruption (which happens if it is visible and there is text output). o You need to change the getty program which is run in the first virtual terminal to use /dev/ttyE0 instead of /dev/console. To do this, edit /etc/ttys and /etc/wscons.conf. BSD
January 1, 2012 BSD