Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Giving a name to a Terminal in "Xfce" desktop environment Post 302476257 by hooge789 on Wednesday 1st of December 2010 08:34:42 AM
Old 12-01-2010
Giving a name to a Terminal in "Xfce" desktop environment

Hi,

I work noramly with 3/4/5 Terminals (not xterms) open. In the different Terminal I set different tools (software).
Unfortunately I loose easily the overview of all these Terminals. Which setup is in which Terminal?
It would be nice to have a possibility to name Termianls. By the way I work in a desktop environment called "Xfce".

Does anybody know how to do it?

I face the same issue for workspaces. I am able to name them (I can see it in properties) but the name is not
displayed on workspace button.

Thank for your help.
Thomas

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. OS X (Apple)

"Locate" Shows Files but Not "LS" in Terminal

OS-X 10.8.4 Using locate I get these results: 10:~ mize$ locate /Users/mize/*.sh /Users/mize/Zend/workspaces/DefaultWorkspace/SLM/vendor/ZF2/bin/check-cs.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload_to_server.sh /Users/mize/copy_form_functions_php_to_jpl.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Mize
7 Replies
gnome-default-applications-properties(1)			   User Commands			  gnome-default-applications-properties(1)

NAME
gnome-default-applications-properties - set your default applications SYNOPSIS
gnome-default-applications-properties [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The Preferred Applications preference tool allows you to specify the applications that you'd like the desktop to use when the desktop starts an application for you. For example, you can specify Xterm as your preferred terminal application. When you open the Desktop Back- ground menu and choose New Terminal, Xterm starts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the Preferred Applications preference tool example% gnome-default-applications-properties EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-default-aExecutablesforoPreferred Applications preferences tool ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-preferences | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-control-center(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 gnome-default-applications-properties(1)