Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl programming error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl programming error Post 302476158 by thegeek on Wednesday 1st of December 2010 03:13:10 AM
Old 12-01-2010
You dont have any value in left side of the comparison i guess.

Dump the array, and check how many value it has, and whether it has the 20th value.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PERL - DB programming

Hi friends, What are the possible ways to connect to DB2 database from Perl (on unix). I need to connect to DB2 and get records for further processing. Can you please suggest the best possible way. I heard about DBI/DBD, if you have some sample scripts please post them too. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satguyz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Programming for Splitting

Hi, I am extracting SQL queries into a file and the file is as follows ********************************************************* select BatchKey ,restartStatus ,batchContextBuffer ,batchPgmId ,StartKey , EndKey ,Mcbatchcontrol_ver from qsecminload.Mcbatchcontrol_t where RefId = :1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarbsa
5 Replies

3. Programming

Perl Programming with Mapping

use strict; print "Enter last 4 digits of phone number:"; chomp(my $number=<>); die "Invalid number: '$number'\n" unless $number=~/^\d{4}$/; my @d=split(undef,$number); my %map={ 2=>"", 3=>"", 4=>"", 5=>"", 6=>"", 7=>"", 8=>"", 9=>"", }; my $r=$map{$d}.$map{$d}.$map{$d}.$map{$d};... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tturn33
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Vs Shell Programming

Can someone please tell me what the big deal about perl is? i have been doing shell programming for quite a number of years and I have to say, there's very little if any thing that I can't do in shell programming. i just need to investigate how to do it. so, my question is, does deep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

5. Programming

Programming help - Perl !

I am having a text file with Vivek 50 Ram 34 Hulk 45 Vivek 23 Ram 23 Vivek 55 Now I need a perl script to display the fields of 1st column & the 2nd column with summation (& avoid the duplicates). Vivek 128 Ram 57 hulk 45 Plz help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
1 Replies

6. Programming

Help me with perl programming

Hi, i am very beginer to perl, I am reading one xml file and i am creating hash table for that file. i written code like this #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use strict; use XML::LibXML::Reader; #Reading XML with a pull parser my $file; open( $file, 'formal.xml'); my $reader =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl programming

how to link the linux files in perl on the local webpage ???? suppose we have some results and want to get them published on the local webpage of our internal site. how this can be done using HTML and perl together , so that the results are published directly on the webpage. thanks kullu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kullu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl programming help

I am trying to make a simple perl program that reads 20 characters upstream from the codon ATG in a given sequence. The following is what I have. I just dont know how to make the program read 20 characters upstream from the ATG codon. print "\nThis program will read 20 characters upstream... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patiencenpray
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Socket Programming in Perl

Hi All I am getting an error when using the below code Receiver use IO::Socket; $sock = new IO::Socket::INET (LocalHost => 'goldengate', LocalPort => 1200, Proto => 'tcp', Listen => 5, Reuse => 1 ); die "Socket could not be created. Reason: $!" unless $sock; while ($new_sock =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl programming issue

Dears, I want to print filename and count of each file in perl but failing to implement. `find $srcFolder -maxdepth 1 -type f -name "*$workDate*$fileExt" -exec sh -c ' && printf "$workDate|%s|%s\n" "$(wc -l<"$0")" *$workDate*$fileExt' {} \ >> /Sadique/filelog.out \\; 2> /dev/null`; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
2 Replies
Acme::Brainfuck(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Acme::Brainfuck(3)

NAME
Acme::Brainfuck - Embed Brainfuck in your perl code SYNOPSIS
#!/usr/bin/env perl use Acme::Brainfuck; print 'Hello world!', chr ++++++++++. ; DESCRIPTION
Brainfuck is about the tiniest Turing-complete programming language you can get. A language is Turing-complete if it can model the opera- tions of a Turing machine--an abstract model of a computer defined by the British mathematician Alan Turing in 1936. A Turing machine con- sists only of an endless sequence of memory cells and a pointer to one particular memory cell. Yet it is theoretically capable of perform- ing any computation. With this module, you can embed Brainfuck instructions delimited by whitespace into your perl code. It will be trans- lated into Perl as parsed. Brainfuck has just just 8 instructions (well more in this implementation, see "Extensions to ANSI Brainfuck" below.) which are as follows Instructions + Increment Increase the value of the current memory cell by one. - Decrement Decrease the value of the current memory cell by one. > Forward Move the pointer to the next memory cell. < Back Move the pointer to the previous memory cell. , Input Read a byte from Standard Input and store it in the current memory cell. . Output Write the value of the current memory cell to standard output. [ Loop If the value of the current memory cell is 0, continue to the cell after the next ']'. ] Next Go back to the last previous '['. Extensions to ANSI Brainfuck This implementation has extra instructions available. In order to avoid such terrible bloat, they are only available if you use the ver- bose pragma like so: use Acme::Brainfuck qw/verbose/; The extra instructions are: ~ Reset Resets the pointer to the first memory cell and clear all memory cells. # Peek Prints the values of the memory pointer and the current memory cell to STDERR. See also "Debugging" below. Debugging By using the debug pragma like this: use Acme::Brainfuck qw/debug/; you can dump out the generated perl code. (Caution: it is not pretty.) The key to understanding it is that the memory pointer is repre- sented by $p, and the memory array by @m Therefore the value of the current memory cell is $m[$p]. RETURN VALUE
Each sequence of Brainfuck instructions becomes a Perl block and returns the value of the current memory cell. EXAMPLES
JABH #!/usr/bin/env perl use Acme::Brainfuck; print "Just another "; ++++++[>++++++++++++++++<-]> ++.-- >+++[<++++++>-]<.>[-]+++[<------>-]< +.- +++++++++.--------- ++++++++++++++.-------------- ++++++.------ >+++[<+++++++>-]<.>[-]+++[<------->-]< +++.--- +++++++++++.----------- print " hacker. "; Countdown #!/usr/bin/env perl use strict; use Acme::Brainfuck qw/verbose/; print "Countdown commencing... "; ++++++++++[>+>+<<-] >>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<< ++++++++++[>>.-<.<-] print "We have liftoff! "; Reverse #!/usr/bin/env perl use Acme::Brainfuck qw/verbose/; while(1) { print "Say something to Backwards Man and then press enter: "; +[->,----------]< print 'Backwards Man says, "'; [+++++++++++.<]< print "" to you too. "; ~ } Math #!/usr/bin/env perl use Acme::Brainfuck; use strict; use warnings; my $answer = +++[>++++++<-]> ; print "3 * 6 = $answer "; VERSION
1.1.1 Apr 06, 2004 AUTHOR
Jaldhar H. Vyas E<lt>jaldhar@braincells.comE<gt> THANKS
Urban Mueller - The inventor of Brainfuck. Damian Conway - For twisting perl to hitherto unimaginable heights of weirdness. Marco Nippula <http://www.hut.fi/~mnippula/> - Some code in this module comes from his brainfuck.pl Mr. Rock - Who has a nice Brainfuck tutorial at <http://www.cydathria.com/bf/>. Some of the example code comes from there. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2004, Consolidated Braincells Inc. Licensed with no warranties under the Crowley Public License: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the license." perl v5.8.3 2004-04-06 Acme::Brainfuck(3)