Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Using SNMP to run remote commands Post 302475705 by jim mcnamara on Monday 29th of November 2010 03:10:41 PM
Old 11-29-2010
I've stayed away from this - SNMP is a VERY complex protocol. Here is the way you start doing it. It involves creating C code and working with the Netsnmp library. It is not just like bash or ksh. OID's (from MIB's) are involved.

Net-SNMP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

display remote commands

is there a way to display the commands the the remote user is typing -I would like to know a way by which i can log onto a remote system and type commands as the user watched on the console - I know about vnc but that is not what i am looking for -or is it rexec ? Ndegem SCSA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndegem
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

commands to remote sftp

Hello, Is there a way to use wc, sed or other commands against remote sftp in a regular shell script? wc -c *.* | grep total | sed s/total// ? thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chm0dvii
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote ssh commands help

I have a script that I'm trying to use that will check for files on a remote machine and if there is files copy the files, modify the perm on the copied files, and then delete the files off of the remote server. Right now I need to get the correct syntax so the the remote commands still interpret... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcalisi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP from remote machine

Hi, I have sucessfully set up snmp daemon on my AIX box (v 6.1.2.0). I can query snmp from localhost (using command: snmpinfo -v -m dump -c public mib-2) and it works perfectly. But I don't get any reply when query my AIX box from remote machine (AIX, Linux,...) I have tried to set up SNMP v1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavel.kovar
0 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Using SNMP to monitor remote processes and disk space

snmpget -v 1 -c COMMUNITYSTR hostname OID what OIDs would I use to get information on all the processes and disk space information that are on a particular host. where can i find out information on all of this? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Until string from remote command equals value run remote command

I solved my issue by using the following code #!/bin/bash function GET_STATUS { #values Active Passive Failed ssh -a localhost '/home/user/fakecommand.sh' } STATE="unknown" until ] do echo $STATE sleep 5 STATUS=`GET_STATUS` echo $STATUS | grep Active &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: $scipt_Kid
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run UNIX commands on remote machine from windows?

Hi All, I am working in support and we are planning to automate a system to reduce the direct manual intervention to core system. Please find the below details. 1. we have a web application that runs on Windows Platform. 2. From web application, we need to connect to remote Unix machine.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji K
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run commands on remote server using ssh password less authentication?

Hi, I need to run a script located in a directory on remote server by using ssh authentication from my local unix server. Can anyone help me in this. I have tried the below command. It worked for echo command but when i tried to open a file using cat command it is showing "cat: cannot open... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
6 Replies
PMDASNMP(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						       PMDASNMP(1)

NAME
pmdasnmp - Gateway from SNMP to PCP (PMDA) DESCRIPTION
pmdasnmp is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which provides a generic gateway from PCP queries from a PCP client to SNMP queries to one or more SNMP agents. INSTALLATION
If you want access to the SNMP gateway performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/snmp # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/snmp # ./Remove pmdasnmp is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. CONFIGURATION
TODO: define config file format here - map/set/host/... etc FILES
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/snmp/snmp.conf optional configuration file for pmdasnmp $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/snmp/Install installation script for the pmdasnmp agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/snmp/Remove undo installation script for the pmdasnmp agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/snmp.log default log file for error and warn() messages from pmdasnmp SEE ALSO
pmcd(1) and SNMP 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDASNMP(1)