Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query on decision making...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Query on decision making... Post 302475608 by biglau on Monday 29th of November 2010 09:31:00 AM
Old 11-29-2010
That's right, but why [[ ]] does not support `` ?

---------- Post updated at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:16 AM ----------

bro, what if I need to put multiple conditions in an if statement without using the brackets?
like:
if is_number $3 || $# -ne 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHone
Lose the brackets and backticks completely...
Code:
if is_number 0100; then echo yes; else echo no; fi

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

decision, case, it then else?

I'm writing this script in Korn Shell, on AIX. The script will print a log file, and it needs to decide what region it's in before printing. ( the output of db2 "get instance" is either "The current database manager instance is: db2q" or "The current database manager instance is: db2u") ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpprial
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Platform decision

Hi folks First, let me apologize in advance for the long message. I know this will sound like a typical "newbie" message but I am really working to understand the technology in order to make informed decisions. I am currently in the process of evaluating Unix hardware and OS platforms for an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scooter
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numerical Decision

I'm tryning to do something like this, I have this file: spaces12tabgoodbye spaces3tabhello I want to copy to another file the lines that have the number above 10... I thought using sort -rn but I don't know how to discard the lines that have the number below 10. Any idea? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmpx
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script with decision making

Hi all I need help for the issue below. I need to create script: FORM_cmd=query || import FORM_command=add FORM_msisdn=389881234567 FORM_provcode=SK FORM_attr=12 FORM_cmd can be "query" or "import" when FORM_cmd="query" then execute -> spdci -cmd $FORM_cmd FORM_cmd when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasil
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding a query on making changes to a running script

Hello All, Greetings !! I have a query here to all is as follows: Question: Let's say we are running a script in a UNIX box and we have opened an another session and then made changes in script of some statements NOT to be print some values(just an example) so when I am monitoring the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Handling decision making logic

------- Output Screen -------- Choose the option ----------------- 1.Input 2.Output 3.CFT Uniq x.Exit ----------------- 2 Enter the Output flow IDF PBL5572U Enter the Output existing flow IDF PBL5198H sf_PBL5572U.cmd file exist in invalid path or doesn't exist (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijaykannan T
0 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux