Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to extract one column from csv file in perl? Post 302475498 by kvth on Monday 29th of November 2010 02:54:47 AM
Old 11-29-2010
hey thanks Mr.ilikecows... your code is errors free.. but when i run it, i get a blank output file...please help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract values from column with Perl

Hi everybody I have some problems with PERL programming. I have a file with two columns, both with numeric values. I have to extract the values > 50 from the 2nd columns and sum them among them. The I have to sum the respective values in the first column on the same line and, at the end, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_elena
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract csv based on column value

Hi I have a csv file which is below A,5 B,6 C,10 D,7 I want the values who's second column is greater than 7 say C,10 D,7 Help me please... Thanks, Maruth (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maruthavanan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract second column from a xls

Can Anyone tell me how to extract the second column of a xls sheet And compare the content of each row of the column with a .h file. xls sheet is having only one spreadsheet. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract first column from second line in perl

Hello Gurus I have a source file which has the first line as header and the rest are the records I need to extract the first column from the second line to extract a value I/P ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

3 column .csv --> correlation matrix; awk, perl?

Greetings, salutations. I have a 3 column csv file with ~13 million rows and I would like to generate a correlation matrix. Interestingly, you all previously provided a solution to the inverse of this problem. Thread title: "awk? adjacency matrix to adjacency list / correlation matrix to list"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: R3353
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to grep a particular column in CSV format

Hi I want to grep a column 6 & column 7 from a CSV Format file & then i have to find the difference between these columns as these both columns contains date & time in 7/7/2012 9:20 this format . So kindly help me out ASAP. But please kindly dis xls has to be converted in csv format as may... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek@123
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regexp to extract first and second column

Hi, I am trying with the below Perl one-liner using regular expression to extract the first and second column of a text file: perl -p -e "s/\s*(\w+).*/$1/" perl -p -e "s/\s*.+\s(.+)\s*/$1\n/" whereas the text file's data looks like: Error: terminated 2233 Warning: reboot 3434 Warning:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Extract first column from file

Hi, I want to extract first column from a file and redirect the output to another file in perl. I am able to do this from command line by executing below commands. perl -anle 'print $F' Input.dat > Output.dat perl -ne '@F = split("\t", $_); print "$F\n";' Input.dat > Output.dat perl -anE... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I extract specific column in multiple csv files?

file1: Name,Threshold,Curr Samples,Curr Error%,Curr ART GETHome,100,21601,0.00%,47 GETregistry,100,21592,0.00%,13 GEThomeLayout,100,30466,0.00%,17 file2: Name,Threshold,Curr Samples,Curr Error%,Curr ART GETHome,100,21601,0.00%,33 GETregistry,100,21592,0.00%,22... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuram717
6 Replies
DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)						      Debconf							DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)

NAME
debconf-getlang - extract a language from a templates file SYNOPSIS
debconf-getlang lang master [translation] debconf-getlang --stats master translation [...] DESCRIPTION
Note: This utility is deprecated; you should switch to using the po-debconf package. This program helps make and manage translations of debconf templates. There are basically three situations in which this program might be called: A translation is just being started. You want to provide the translator with a file they can work on that has the English fields from your templates file, plus blank Field- ll fields for the target language that they can fill in. To do this, run the program with first parameter being the code for the language that is being translated to, and the second parameter being the filename of the English templates file. A translation is well under way. You have changed some English text, or added more items to your templates file, and you want to send the translators a file with the English text plus their current translations (or you are the translator, and you want to generate such a file for your own use). To accomplish this, run the program with the first parameter being the the code for the language that is being translated to, the second parameter being the filename of the master English templates file, and the third parameter being the filename of the current translated file. When run this way, the program is smart enough to notice fuzzy translations. For example a fuzzy Description will be output as Description-<lang>-fuzzy, and a new, blank Description-<lang> will be added. Translators should remove the -fuzzy fields as they correct the fuzzy translations. Checking the status of a translation To check the status of a translation, use the --status flag, and pass the english template file as the first parameter, and all the other translated templates after that. It will output statistics for each of them. For example: debconf-getlang --stats debian/templates debian/templates.* NOTE
Note that the text in the generated templates may be word-wrapped by debconf. SEE ALSO
debconf-mergetemplate(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)