Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Coding in Phyton
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Coding in Phyton Post 302475264 by kristinu on Saturday 27th of November 2010 07:15:10 PM
Old 11-27-2010
Does not work

---------- Post updated at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:12 PM ----------

I would like to output some print statements when the user selects an option using a command line argument.

---------- Post updated at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:33 PM ----------

I have tried the code below but am getting the error

Code:
  File "tdarwin.py", line 395
    print " -tpath = %s\n",%(tpath)
                           ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Code:
    if (not isinstance(tpath,types.NoneType)):
        print " -tpath = %s\n",%(tpath)

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can I use this coding

I apologise because I had pasted this question in the newbies forum first (because i am a bit of a newbie) but thought it might be better suited in here if i have to sepearate parameters can I use this syntax especially the or part (||) and is this correct if (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: w33man
6 Replies

2. AIX

need help for coding this logic

contact me on <email address deleted> or <email address deleted> (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suprithhr
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

installing phyton in centos

Hi, I am trying to install phyton on my centos. When I write: yum install phyton I get the message that it doesn't find the package. How should I fix it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with coding

HI, Can some one guide me how to make changes to the script below so that it can load the history of a program to IT server ? Format of data: YYYYMMDD065959.dsk.log YYYYMMDD235959.dsk.log currently both are loaded together. Need to separate them as above format. Thanks in advance. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crazydude80
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need help with coding

HI, Can some one guide me how to make changes to the script below so that it can load the history of a program to IT server ? Format of data: YYYYMMDD065959.dsk.log YYYYMMDD235959.dsk.log currently both are loaded together. Need to separate them as above format. Thanks in advance. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazydude80
2 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)