Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting case construction for basic Arithmetics calculation Post 302475211 by flash80 on Saturday 27th of November 2010 05:43:41 AM
Old 11-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrutinizer
Try:
Code:
echo "`expr $1 \* $3`" ;;

file modified
Code:
case $2 in "+" )
   echo "`expr $1 + $3`" ;;
"-" )
   echo "`expr $1 - $3`" ;;
"*" )
   echo "`expr $1 \* $3`" ;;
"/" )
   echo "`expr $1 / $3`" ;;
esac

test
Code:
alioune@baccus ~/bashtuto/bashExercise $ ./q4.sh 2 + 2
alioune@baccus ~/bashtuto/bashExercise $ ./q4.sh 2 - 2
alioune@baccus ~/bashtuto/bashExercise $ ./q4.sh 2 / 2
alioune@baccus ~/bashtuto/bashExercise $ ./q4.sh 2 * 2
alioune@baccus ~/bashtuto/bashExercise $ 
alioune@baccus ~/bashtuto/bashExercise $

Still no output for "*".

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Password Construction

Could someone please help, I am new to unix and I am trying to do the following: o Each password must have at least eight characters. Only the first eight characters are significant. PASSLENGTH is found in /etc/default/passwd and is set to 6. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tumbikikani
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matrix construction

Hi experts How to construct a rectangular matrix for a text file with 6012 rows and 2221 columns. Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riyabio
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matrix construction

Hi I have to construct a rectangular matrix with 6012 rows and 2221 columns. Here the rows and columns were given by alphanumeric ids in a file named row.txt and column.txt respectively. with this row nd column ids I have to construct a matrix ie 6012*2221 and compare the column ids with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: riyabio
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with regex construction

I am trying to construct a regular expression that will filter a log file containing the following table: aP mP mC,mI oP oC oF oI tP tI hP ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: euval
8 Replies

5. Web Development

Website construction nowaday!

Hello, Actually I am not sure how to ask this question, which is about the technique advance on website construction/design. Compared with HTML/CSS, which ones are the most popular for website construction? My colleague recommends Drupal for Linux platform. Any other? Thanks! Yifang (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetics in if else statement

hello, i'm trying to get some deeper view into the shell. at the moment I have following problem with the bash: I read some numbers via some awk scripts A=`awk '/id="identifier/ {......}` which works fine, then I want to make an if statement whth some calculations. but then it does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeze
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command construction

Hi, I have an array variable "arr" that reads string from a file "vari.txt". Thus, the array will be of variable length depending how many entries are present in "vari.txt" I use a for loop to traverse through the array. However, i need a grep command to grep for a file "output.txt" and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)