Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Data and return code extraction Post 302474940 by gc_sw on Friday 26th of November 2010 04:15:06 AM
Old 11-26-2010
if you use solaris you should nawk instead of awk. check your Man pages.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Extraction issue.

I have a small problem, I have written a following script, which extracts all the rows from source file which strats with T101 and rights it to another file mydata.dat Script my_script #!/bin/ksh YMONTH=$1 dir1='/home/data' dir2='/clients/source_file' cd $dir1 grep "T101"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: irehman
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with data extraction script

Hello all, Iam newbie here and to unix programming. I have the following text file. A:Woshington,B:London,C:Paris,D:Manchester,C:Lisbon,E:Cape town. Now I would like extract this and store in database. here is the script I have tried but it did work. CITY1:`echo "$text" | grep "A:"... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mam
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 's

Hi All, Can anyone please let me know the syntax / how to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 'system()' function and '${?}'. I am in a process to send the mail automatically with an attachment to bulk users. I have used 'Mailx' and 'Unencode'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Extraction From a File

Hi All, I have a requirement where I have to search the file with some text say "Exception". This exception word can be repeated for more then 10 times. Suppose the "Exception" word is repeated at line numbers say x=10, 50, 60, 120. Now I want to extract all the lines starting from x-5 to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrangaraju
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another data extraction question

Hi, I have a tmp file like below: <ADATA> ANUM=900 ADESC=Saving ATYP=0 TXREGD=0 </ADATA> <ADATA> ANUM=890 ADESC=Saving ATYP=0 ABAL=9000 TXREGD=1 </ADATA> <ADATA> (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunigirib
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data extraction in perl variable

HI, i have variable in perl like below $tmp="/home/sai/automation/work/TFP_GN.txt" it can conatain any path its filled from config file. now i want extarct the path upto this /home/sai/automation/work/ and put it in another variable say... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Extraction problem in perl

Hello, I want to extract the words from a file which starts with SRD-R or SRD-DR. I have written a script which is able to trace the word but it is printing the whole line. sub extract_SRD_tag{ my ($tag, $app, $path, @data, $word ); $path = shift; $app = shift; open (FILE, $path) or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvendu4urs
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

data extraction from a file

Hi Freinds, I have a file1.txt in the following format File1.txt I want to get 2 files from the above file filextra.txt should have the lines which are ending with "<" and remaining lines in the filecompare.txt file. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help for data extraction if files

Hello all, I want to extract some particular data from a files and than add all the values . but i m not able to cut the particular word(USU-INOCT and USU-OUTOCT) as it is coming not in column. and than able to add values coming in it . can anyone help me Please cat <file name> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anamdev
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV file data extraction

Hi I am writing a shell script to parse a CSV file , in which i am facing a problem to separate the columns . Could some one help me with it. IN301330/00001 pvavan kumar limited xyz@ttccpp.com IN302148/00002 PRECIOUS SECURITIES (P) LTD viash@yahoo.co.in IN300239/00000 CENTRE india... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanduri
8 Replies
URLCODING(3)						 libbash urlcoding Library Manual					      URLCODING(3)

NAME
urlcoding -- a Libbash library for encoding and decoding URL's. SYNOPSIS
urlEncodeString [-l] <STRING> urlEncodeFile [-l] <FILE> urlEncodeStream [-l] urlDecodeString <STRING> urlDecodeFile <FILENAME> urlDecodeStream DESCRIPTION
urlcoding is a collection of functions that convert ASCII-text to standard URL's and vice-versa. The AWK code used is based on code by Heiner Steven <heiner.steven@odn.de> The function list: urlEncodeString Creates a URL from an ASCII string urlEncodeFile Converts a file into URL-valid text urlEncodeStream Converts standard input into URL-valid text urlDecodeString Converts a URL-encoded text back to a plain-text form urlDecodeFile Coverts URL-encoded text in a file back to plain text urlDecodeStream Converts URL-encoded standard input to text Detailed interface description follows. The [-l] option for the encoding functions should be used when line-feed characters (' ') are to be encoded as well. All functions print the results of their conversions to standard output. The exit status of all functions is that of the command 'awk', with '0' for success FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
urlEncodeString [-l] <STRING> Converts STRING - a string of ASCII characters - to URL. urlEncodeFile [-l] <FILE> Coverts FILE of URL-encoded text to plain text urlEncodeStream [-l] Converts text from standard input to URL-text. urlDecodeString <STRING> Converts URL-encoded string STRING back to text. urlDecodeFile <FILENAME> Converts the URL-encoded text in FILE to plain text. urlDecodeStream Converts the URL-encoded text from standard input to plain-text AUTHORS
Alon Keren <alon.keren@gmail.com> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux