Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading a column from xls file using perl Post 302474766 by Corona688 on Thursday 25th of November 2010 10:23:15 AM
Old 11-25-2010
maybe xlsperl will help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Reading from File

is there a perl equivalent to sscanf? or something where I get the strings separated by spaces? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karyn1617
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting xls file to txt file and xls to csv

I need to convert an excel file into a text file and an excel file into a CSV file.. any code to do that is appreciated thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bandar007
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: reading 2 column data into Hash file

I am trying to read in a 2 column data file into Perl Hash array index. Here is my code. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; my $file = "file_a"; my @line = (); my $index = 0; my %ind_file = (); open(FILE, $file) or die($!); while(<FILE>) { chomp($_); if ($_ eq '') { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subhap
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract second column from a xls

Can Anyone tell me how to extract the second column of a xls sheet And compare the content of each row of the column with a .h file. xls sheet is having only one spreadsheet. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading a file in Perl

If a form's action is the following Perl script how do I make it print the entire contents of the file on the screen? if(param()) { my $uploadedFile = param('file');#in the html page 'file' is the value of the name attribute of the input my $fh = upload($uploadedFile); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zerohour
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to get info from specific rows & columns (.xls file)

Hi all, I want to read some specific rows & columns in the .xls file with my script to get the data to be manipulated. Now, I can read the .xls file correctly & i can go to the specific sheet that I want but i have a problem to specify the specific rows & columns. I mean, I want to get the info... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yohannita
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Convert XLSX or XLS files to CSV file

Hi All, I've got in a situation where I need to convert .xlsx or .xls formatted files into simple text file or .csv file. I've found many options but doing this using PERL script is the best way I believe.I'm in AIX box. Perl code should have 2 params while running. i.e perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manab86
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading first column of file which start with space also

Hi All, I am trying to read first column of my file using command cat temp2_sample.cir|cut -d' ' -f1 The content of my file is as follow R1 pin23I pin27I R2 pin23G pin27G R3 pin27F pin27D RWire10 pin15Y pin23J VCC1 pin27W pin13Y ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading the value of particular column from csv file

Hi Folks, I have the below csv file which is comma delimited , now from this file i need to read the value of the column der_id and then want to create a separate text file which will contain the value of the column der_id only please advise how to read the value of the column der_id and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to convert xlsx to xls file

Hi I am trying one perl script to convert xlsx to xls file but could not able to get all the rows and columns in the xls file . This scriptFILE is basically to convert XLSX to CSV .. I am tweaking the script to convert XLSX to XLS file also #######################FILE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
3 Replies
GSF(1)								       GNOME								    GSF(1)

NAME
gsf - archiving utility using the G Structured File library SYNOPSIS
gsf [OPTION...] SUBCOMMAND ARCHIVE... DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents the gsf command. gsf is a simple archive utility, somewhat similar to tar(1). It operates on files following one of the structured file formats understood by the G Structured File library, for example, Microsoft Excel(TM) files. OPTIONS
Options -?, --help Show help options -v, --version Display gsf's version Subcommands cat Output one or more files in archive dump Dump one or more files in archive as formatted hexadecimal help List subcommands list List files in archive props Archive list of property names EXAMPLES
To list the content structure of a Microsoft Excel(TM) file arrays.xls: gsf list arrays.xls To dump Workbook, an individual data stream in arrays.xls: gsf dump arrays.xls Workbook AUTHORS
gsf's primary authors are Morten Welinder <terra@gnome.org> and Jody Goldberg <jody@gnome.org>. The initial version of this manpage was written by J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) <jdassen@debian.org>. SEE ALSO
gnumeric(1) The Gnumeric homepage <http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/> The GNOME project page <http://www.gnome.org/> gsf 29 November 2009 GSF(1)