Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Troubles building on solaris 9 and executing on solaris 10 Post 302473993 by jlliagre on Tuesday 23rd of November 2010 03:44:33 AM
Old 11-23-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehammer80
Calling ldd on the programm reveals that "libgcc_s.so.1" and "libstdc++.so.6" are not found. Ok, I could add the rpath to the linker line, but to which directory?
AFAIK, gcc libraries aren't standard on Solaris 9. Where are these libraries located on your Solaris 9 machine ?
Quote:
On my solaris 10 test system, there are different versions of these libraries in different (not very common) directories. Where are those guys located by default? Can I rely on that? What other options do I have?
Pick the version expected by your binary.
Quote:
A more basic question is, why does ldd give very different results on solaris9 and solaris10, when called on the same file?
Because ldd recursively resolve dependencies. To get what the binary requires, you can use that command:
Code:
elfdump -d command | grep NEEDED

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Need help in building gcc on solaris.

We are moving from old solaris to new version of solaris. I have copied the gcc compiler installed on old server to new solaris server. But just copying didn't work. So I am trying to build it on the new server. The server version is sailfish@st-kvar02 -> uname -a SunOS st-kvar02 5.10... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalina.hv
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors while executing cmds in sun solaris

Hi All, I am using mysql at sun solaris unix(Hp) server. I logged into mysql server with root as user. its logged in properly. Then i used 'show databases' mysql command. its display all the available databases. for example mysql > show databases; It displayed as follows. exampledb1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Building cdrkit on Solaris 8 generates a linker problem

I'm trying to build cdrkit-1.1.9 but have the same problem with 1.1.6 as well. The reason I need cdrkit is that it has an extended Joilet that mkisofs doesn't have but if anyone has another program that can provide this that might be a work around I can use. The problem I'm having is when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dxk3355
1 Replies

4. Solaris

building solaris-based enterprise router-firewall project

hi guys, its been a while since my last visit here, could not keep up the pace on this ever changing industry :) i'd just doing my home research under vmware to make a solaris-based router-firewall using zones - doing a lot of reading about zones & review solaris zone functionality. and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stdout
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 11 x86 installation troubles - 8G disk limit

Hi, I am trying to install Solaris 11 on an X86 machine. I am using the text install iso image burned to an optical disk. The system contains a single 500G SATA drive. When the system attempts to detect local disks, it reports that the disk only has a capacity of 8GB. How do I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpoc
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Advanced Sysconfig use when building non-global zones in Solaris 11

I'm in an LDOM. I'm building non-global IP exclusive zones. I am using manifests and profiles to configure the system after install so I don't have to tab through the sysconfig startup dialog everytime I boot a system the first time for settings that never change (DNS, regional data, NTP etc). I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Building X11 applications on Solaris 10

Hi all, I'm trying to verify that I can build x applications on Solaris 10 and am using xcalc & xeyes as my test applications: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/xcalc git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/xeyes Running autogen.sh on this fails with: error: must install xorg-macros... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: testers1717
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Make error while building perl on Solaris 10

Hi, I am trying to build per 5.20.1 on solaris 10 and getting below compilation error. Creating Makefile.PL in cpan/Archive-Tar for Archive::Tar Running Makefile.PL in cpan/Archive-Tar ../../miniperl -I../../lib Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=perl INSTALLMAN1DIR=none INSTALLMAN3DIR=none... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikrambhimbar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue executing grep command on Solaris

more jdbc.xml <name>Fast_ds/DataSource</name> <property> <name>user</name> <value>COL_USER</value> </property>Command 1: grep -A1 '<name>user</name>' jdbc.xml|grep -v '<name>user</name>'|sed 's/\(<value>\|<\/value>\)//g'| sed -e 's/^*//'Output: Command 2: grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
LDD(1)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    LDD(1)

NAME
ldd - print shared object dependencies SYNOPSIS
ldd [option]... file... DESCRIPTION
ldd prints the shared objects (shared libraries) required by each program or shared object specified on the command line. An example of its use and output is the following: $ ldd /bin/ls linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffcc3563000) libselinux.so.1 => /lib64/libselinux.so.1 (0x00007f87e5459000) libcap.so.2 => /lib64/libcap.so.2 (0x00007f87e5254000) libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007f87e4e92000) libpcre.so.1 => /lib64/libpcre.so.1 (0x00007f87e4c22000) libdl.so.2 => /lib64/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f87e4a1e000) /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00005574bf12e000) libattr.so.1 => /lib64/libattr.so.1 (0x00007f87e4817000) libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f87e45fa000) In the usual case, ldd invokes the standard dynamic linker (see ld.so(8)) with the LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS environment variable set to 1. This causes the dynamic linker to inspect the program's dynamic dependencies, and find (according to the rules described in ld.so(8)) and load the objects that satisfy those dependencies. For each dependency, ldd displays the location of the matching object and the (hexadeci- mal) address at which it is loaded. (The linux-vdso and ld-linux shared dependencies are special; see vdso(7) and ld.so(8).) Security Be aware that in some circumstances (e.g., where the program specifies an ELF interpreter other than ld-linux.so), some versions of ldd may attempt to obtain the dependency information by attempting to directly execute the program, which may lead to the execution of whatever code is defined in the program's ELF interpreter, and perhaps to execution of the program itself. (In glibc versions before 2.27, the upstream ldd implementation did this for example, although most distributions provided a modified version that did not.) Thus, you should never employ ldd on an untrusted executable, since this may result in the execution of arbitrary code. A safer alterna- tive when dealing with untrusted executables is: $ objdump -p /path/to/program | grep NEEDED Note, however, that this alternative shows only the direct dependencies of the executable, while ldd shows the entire dependency tree of the executable. OPTIONS
--version Print the version number of ldd. -v, --verbose Print all information, including, for example, symbol versioning information. -u, --unused Print unused direct dependencies. (Since glibc 2.3.4.) -d, --data-relocs Perform relocations and report any missing objects (ELF only). -r, --function-relocs Perform relocations for both data objects and functions, and report any missing objects or functions (ELF only). --help Usage information. BUGS
ldd does not work on a.out shared libraries. ldd does not work with some extremely old a.out programs which were built before ldd support was added to the compiler releases. If you use ldd on one of these programs, the program will attempt to run with argc = 0 and the results will be unpredictable. SEE ALSO
pldd(1), sprof(1), ld.so(8), ldconfig(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2017-09-15 LDD(1)