Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting write filename as first line in a txt file Post 302473977 by michaelrozar17 on Tuesday 23rd of November 2010 02:39:06 AM
Old 11-23-2010
This code could help get started as you require..
Code:
# place the script in the dir where filenames need to be added to the .txt file
# use mv to change to original filename if needed: mv $filename.new $filename

for filename in $(ls *.txt)
do
	sed "1s/^/${filename} \n/" ${filename} > $filename.new 
	echo Done ${filename} 
done

Refer this post as well.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read last line of a txt file?

I need to read the last file for a particular day, such as, "Jun 13" because the CSV file is cumulative for the entire day, so I don't want all the previous files, I just want the last file, for that day. I ran an 'ls -al | grep "June 13" > myLs.txt' (simplified) to list all files from that day.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename multiple filename.45267.txt to >> filename.txt

i have several thousand files and in subdirs that are named file.46634.txt budget.75346.pdf etc i want to remove the number but retain the extension. it is always a 5 digit. thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason7
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read from txt file and write it to xls?

Hello All, I just want help in coding a simple shell script since i am a newbie for UNIX and i started learning unix and shell scripting basics recently. I am having a data like this in .txt file. Product Name : XYZ Price : 678.1 Best Buy Price : 600 Product Name : ABC Price : 465... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth_123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move txt file to with current date appended to filename

I have multiple txt files which begin with the word "orders" in folder C:\source. I need to move the files to folder C:\dest and rename them to "process_<date>_<count>" So for example , if there are 3 files ordersa.txt , ordersb.txt and ordersc.txt in C:\source , after running the script I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johannd
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move txt file to with current date appended to filename

I have multiple txt files which begin with the word "orders" in folder C:\source. I need to move the files to folder C:\dest and rename them to "process_<date>_<count>" So for example , if there are 3 files ordersa.txt , ordersb.txt and ordersc.txt in C:\source , after running the script I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: johannd
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a new column to txt file containing filename

I would like help adding a new column to a large txt file (~10MB) that contains the filename. I have searched other posts but have not found an adequate solution. I need this extra column so I can concatenate >100 files and perform awk searches on this large file. My current txt file look... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kellywilliams
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the date | abcddate.txt to the first line of my txt file

I want to add/append the info in the following format to my.txt file. 20130702|abcd20130702.txt FN|SN|DOB I tried the below script but it throws me some exceptions. <#!/bin/sh dt = date '+%y%m%d'members; echo $dt+|+members+$dt; /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="|"; OFS="|"; } { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harik1982
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write pid and command name to a txt file while executing a bash script

Hi All, Just have a requirement, I am executing a bash shell script, my requirement is to catch the pid and job name to a txt file in the same directory, is there anyway to do it? please help me out. Regards Rahul ---------- Post updated at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkalra9
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split Every Line In Txt Into Separate Txt File, Named Same As The Line

Hi All Is there a way to export every line into new txt file where by the title of each txt output are same as the line ? I have this txt files containing names: Kandra Vanhooser Rhona Menefee Reynaldo Hutt Houston Rafferty Charmaine Lord Albertine Poucher Juana Maes Mitch Lobel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract the filename and write to .txt

I'm new to this forum and also to UNIX scripting. I need a command to extract the filename from the path and write to .txt file. Thanks in advance for your guidance. (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram Kumar_BE
23 Replies
VORBISCOMMENT(1)						 Ogg Vorbis Tools						  VORBISCOMMENT(1)

NAME
vorbiscomment - List or edit comments in Ogg Vorbis files SYNOPSIS
vorbiscomment [-l] [-R] [-e] file.ogg vorbiscomment -a [ -c commentfile | -t "name=value" ] [-q] [-R] [-e] in.ogg [out.ogg] vorbiscomment -w [ -c commentfile | -t "name=value" ] [-q] [-R] [-e] in.ogg [out.ogg] DESCRIPTION
vorbiscomment Reads, modifies, and appends Ogg Vorbis audio file metadata tags. OPTIONS
-a, --append Append comments. -c file, --commentfile file Take comments from a file. The file is the same format as is output by the the -l option or given to the -t option: one element per line in 'tag=value' format. If the file is /dev/null and -w was passed, the existing comments will be removed. -h, --help Show command help. -l, --list List the comments in the Ogg Vorbis file. -q, --quiet Quiet mode. No messages are displayed. -t 'name=value', --tag 'name=value' Specify a new tag on the command line. Each tag is given as a single string. The part before the '=' is treated as the tag name and the part after as the value. -w, --write Replace comments with the new set given either on the command line with -t or from a file with -c. If neither -c nor -t is given, the new set will be read from the standard input. -R, --raw Read and write comments in UTF-8, rather than converting to the user's character set. -e, --escapes Quote/unquote newlines and backslashes in the comments. This ensures every comment is exactly one line in the output (or input), allowing to filter and round-trip them. Without it, you can only write multi-line comments by using -t and you can't reliably dis- tinguish them from multiple one-line comments. Supported escapes are c-style " ", " ", "\" and "". A backslash followed by anything else is an error. Note: currently, anything after the first "" is thrown away while writing. This is a bug -- the Vorbis format can safely store null characters, but most other tools wouldn't handle them anyway. -V, --version Display the version of vorbiscomment. EXAMPLES
To just see what comment tags are in a file: vorbiscomment -l file.ogg To edit those comments: vorbiscomment -l file.ogg > file.txt [edit the comments in file.txt to your satisfaction] vorbiscomment -w -c file.txt file.ogg newfile.ogg To simply add a comment: vorbiscomment -a -t 'ARTIST=No One You Know' file.ogg newfile.ogg To add a set of comments from the standard input: vorbiscomment -a file.ogg ARTIST=No One You Know ALBUM=The Famous Album <ctrl-d> TAG FORMAT
See http://xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html for documentation on the Ogg Vorbis tag format, including a suggested list of canonical tag names. AUTHORS
Program Authors: Michael Smith <msmith@xiph.org> Ralph Giles <giles@xiph.org> Manpage Author: Christopher L Cheney <ccheney@debian.org> SEE ALSO
oggenc(1), oggdec(1), ogg123(1), ogginfo(1) Xiph.Org Foundation December 30, 2008 VORBISCOMMENT(1)