Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sorting files or folders
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sorting files or folders Post 302473747 by krlos07 on Monday 22nd of November 2010 08:54:09 AM
Old 11-22-2010
sorting files or folders

I have the small script to arrange files of a descending way.
Code:
ls -l |sort -r -k4

i wanted for example if I place -d one arranges only the folders or -a to arranges only the files.

Cheers

Last edited by Scott; 11-24-2010 at 02:40 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing old files except configuration files and folders

Dear all, I want to remove files older than 2 months in the /home/member directory. But except the configuration files (like .bash_profile .config/ .openoffice/ .local/ .kde/ etc..) I have tried with the command find . -mtime +60 -wholename './.*' -prune -o -print -exec mv {} \; but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamcalicut
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

to get the timestamp of files from the files and folders in Unix

Hi, I had a directory and many subdirectories and files with in it. Now i want to get the timestamp of files from the files and folders recursively. :( Please help me to generate a script fort he above mentioned requirement! Appreciate for ur qick response Thanks in advance! ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data and place them in different folders

Hello Unix gurus, I am new to Unix. I am working on some dummy project which involves unix scripting. I have a query : There is a file Number.dat which is of form say AAA|123|4563|animal AAA|1234|45634|animal2 BBB|123444|456312|bird BBB|123445|456313|bird2 Here AAA,BBB are... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinaykumar1
29 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 folders to find several missing files among huge amounts of files.

Hi, all: I've got two folders, say, "folder1" and "folder2". Under each, there are thousands of files. It's quite obvious that there are some files missing in each. I just would like to find them. I believe this can be done by "diff" command. However, if I change the above question a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for folders/parent folders not files.

Hello again, A little while back I got help with creating a command to search all directories and sub directories for files from daystart of day x. I'm wondering if there is a command that I've overlooked that may be able to search for / write folder names to an output file which ideally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all the files in the present path and Folders and subfolders files also

Hi, I need a script/command to list out all the files in current path and also the files in folder and subfolders. Ex: My files are like below $ ls -lrt total 8 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc users 419 May 25 10:27 abcd.xml drwxr-xr-x 3 abc users 4096 May 25 10:28 TEST $ Under TEST, there are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex data sorting in excel files or text files

Dear all, I have a complex data file shown below,,,,, A_ABCD_13208 0 0 4.16735 141044 902449 1293900 168919 C_ABCD_13208 0 0 4.16735 141044 902449 1293900 168919 A_ABCDEF715 52410.9 18598.2 10611 10754.7 122535 252426 36631.4 C_DBCDI_1353 0... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAWT
19 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing folders and files within

is there any command that can make listing files like this /data/seismic/prestack-4/eon5/PEP/JAWA/AKASIA-BAGUS/3D/F/BL3-4/F12AKB3D_SW82-128_ID1696-1850.segy /data/seismic/prestack-4/eon5/PEP/JAWA/AKASIA-BAGUS/3D/F/BL3-4/F12AKB3D_SW82-128_ID1851-1975.segy ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muhnandap
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CAT 3 files with the same name in 3 different folders

I am trying to cat 3 files. They all have the same name MFExtract.txt. But, they are in 3 seperate file names. Any idea how I could cat the 3 together. It's throwing me off figuring out a way because the names are the same. I was thinking just doing a 3 cat commands with the full path names and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risarose87
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files/folders and show the files/folders?

Hi, So i know we use cp -r as a basic to copy folders/files. I would like this BUT i would like to show the output of the files being copied. With the amazing knowledge i have i have gone as far as this: 1) find source/* -exec cp -r {} target/ \; 2) for ObjectToBeCopied in `find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
6 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)