Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Carbon copy using mailx command in HP-UX Post 302473616 by makauser on Sunday 21st of November 2010 07:09:28 PM
Old 11-21-2010
I want to carbon copy (cc) the mail but using the given code mail recipient are bind with to list.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carbon Copy to exchange user

Hello, I am trying to send a message to few users on an exchange server. I would like to put few of them as CC. When I send it to myself and CC another user, I receive the e-mail and see the other e-mail address under CC but he doesn't receive the e-mail at all. Any ideas ? I am using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mclevy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailx Command

Hi, mailx -s "hi" -r "abc@yahoo.com" aaa@yahoo.com<<EOF Hi, ~<!uuencode a.txt a.txt EOF the above code is sending mails, but attachment is not going instead i just get like below ~<!uuencode a.txt a.txt Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx command help

Dear All, I need to send a mail to a group ( the address of which is in a .profile file)..My basic mailing functionality isn't working. When i try to run mailx -s "Hello" abc@xyz.com the command does not return to the prompt an runs infinitely. Request you to help me out here along with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushikraman
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with Carbon copy (CC) option in mailx command

Hi, I have problems with the cc option in mailx command. Just went through some of the similar threads but none provides a satisfactory explanation. I have a script using the mailx command in the following way: (echo `cat mailsub.txt` ; uuencode attachment.csv attachment.csv) | mailx -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmithaN
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx command

hi, i want to pass a unix variable as the subject of the mail alongwith a string. My part of code is as below.. week_end_dt=`sqlplus -s rsamart@martdev.world/rsamart<<EOF SET FEED OFF; SET TIMING OFF; SET HEADING OFF; SET PAGESIZE 500; SET LINESIZE 1000; select... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jalkukdi@10
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Carbon copy for a mail in mailx command

Hi, Can you please anyone say how to send a mail with carbon copy using the mailx command. i.e the recipient list should be in CC while the mail reaches them. I need the option mailx command Thanks in advance. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltony
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Mailx command

HI All, I have an unix server , where sendmail command works for sending mail. But if i use mailx command it is not working. Is there any specific settings needed for this. Kindly help. Thanks and Regards Rj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx command

Hi, I am seeing that this command is sending mail even when the nawk command in untrue ( does not have any output ). I only want it to send mail, where it goes above the threshold, and has some output. nawk -F'(MOD dn="uid=)|(DEL dn="uid=)|' '/(MOD dn="uid=)|(DEL dn="uid=)/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

~c carbon copy in HP-UX

Hi, I am using HP-UX operating system and i am trying to send email using mailx command is given below. below command is working fine. (echo ~c 'define.d@aol.com' cat $mail_body/temp_body)| mailx -s "Hi - This is mail subject" ${to_mail} problem. i want to use cc_maillist list(put... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
13 Replies
mail.local(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    mail.local(1M)

NAME
mail.local - store mail in a mailbox SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mail.local [-f sender] [-d] recipient DESCRIPTION
mail.local reads the standard input up to an end-of-file and appends it to each user's mail file (mailbox). This program is intended to be used by sendmail(1M) as a mail delivery agent for local mail. It is not a user interface agent. Messages are appended to the user's mail file in the /var/mail directory. The user must be a valid user name. Each delivered mail message in the mailbox is preceded by a "Unix From line" with the following format: From sender_address time_stamp The sender_address is extracted from the SMTP envelope address (the envelope address is specified with the -f option). A trailing blank line is also added to the end of each message. The mail files are locked with a .lock file while mail is appended. The mail files are created with mode 660, owner is set to recipient, and group is set to mail. If the ``biff'' service is returned by get- servbyname(3SOCKET), the biff server is notified of delivered mail. This program also computes the Content-Length: header which will be used by the mailbox reader to mark the message boundary. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f sender Specifies the "envelope from address" of the message. This flag is technically optional, but should be used. -d Specifies the recipient of the message. This flag is also optional and is supported here for backward compatibility. That is, mail.local recipient is the same as mail.local -d recipient. -l Turn on LMTP mode. -r from Specify the sender's name (for backward compatibility). -7 Do not advertise 8BITMIME support in LMTP mode. -b Return a permanent error instead of a temporary error if a mailbox exceeds quota. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: recipient The recipient of the mail message. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
TZ Used to set the appropriate time zone on the timestamp. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/tmp/local.XXXXXX temporary files /tmp/lochd.XXXXXX temporary files /var/mail/user_name user's mail file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mail(1), comsat(1M), sendmail(1M), getservbyname(3SOCKET), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 11 Apr 1997 mail.local(1M)