Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Carbon copy using mailx command in HP-UX Post 302473611 by makauser on Sunday 21st of November 2010 06:56:02 PM
Old 11-21-2010
Carbon copy using mailx command in HP-UX

Can anyone give me the code to carbon copy a mail using mailx command in HP-UX. I want to put the code in shell script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carbon Copy to exchange user

Hello, I am trying to send a message to few users on an exchange server. I would like to put few of them as CC. When I send it to myself and CC another user, I receive the e-mail and see the other e-mail address under CC but he doesn't receive the e-mail at all. Any ideas ? I am using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mclevy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailx Command

Hi, mailx -s "hi" -r "abc@yahoo.com" aaa@yahoo.com<<EOF Hi, ~<!uuencode a.txt a.txt EOF the above code is sending mails, but attachment is not going instead i just get like below ~<!uuencode a.txt a.txt Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx command help

Dear All, I need to send a mail to a group ( the address of which is in a .profile file)..My basic mailing functionality isn't working. When i try to run mailx -s "Hello" abc@xyz.com the command does not return to the prompt an runs infinitely. Request you to help me out here along with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushikraman
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with Carbon copy (CC) option in mailx command

Hi, I have problems with the cc option in mailx command. Just went through some of the similar threads but none provides a satisfactory explanation. I have a script using the mailx command in the following way: (echo `cat mailsub.txt` ; uuencode attachment.csv attachment.csv) | mailx -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmithaN
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx command

hi, i want to pass a unix variable as the subject of the mail alongwith a string. My part of code is as below.. week_end_dt=`sqlplus -s rsamart@martdev.world/rsamart<<EOF SET FEED OFF; SET TIMING OFF; SET HEADING OFF; SET PAGESIZE 500; SET LINESIZE 1000; select... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jalkukdi@10
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Carbon copy for a mail in mailx command

Hi, Can you please anyone say how to send a mail with carbon copy using the mailx command. i.e the recipient list should be in CC while the mail reaches them. I need the option mailx command Thanks in advance. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltony
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Mailx command

HI All, I have an unix server , where sendmail command works for sending mail. But if i use mailx command it is not working. Is there any specific settings needed for this. Kindly help. Thanks and Regards Rj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx command

Hi, I am seeing that this command is sending mail even when the nawk command in untrue ( does not have any output ). I only want it to send mail, where it goes above the threshold, and has some output. nawk -F'(MOD dn="uid=)|(DEL dn="uid=)|' '/(MOD dn="uid=)|(DEL dn="uid=)/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

~c carbon copy in HP-UX

Hi, I am using HP-UX operating system and i am trying to send email using mailx command is given below. below command is working fine. (echo ~c 'define.d@aol.com' cat $mail_body/temp_body)| mailx -s "Hi - This is mail subject" ${to_mail} problem. i want to use cc_maillist list(put... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
13 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)