Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How long since file has been modified Post 302472973 by Scott on Thursday 18th of November 2010 03:34:57 PM
Old 11-18-2010
Hi.

Using the -mtime option of find

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I get the last modified date of a file?

I am trying to load a group of files and their last dates modified into a text file that will in turn be used with SQL*Loader to load these files into Oracle. I am using a *.ksh script. I am getting the name of the file in by using the following: for file_ext in 'cat loaddir.ext'; do find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akpopa
2 Replies

2. Programming

File last modified

I cannot read the last moment the file was modified - it returns "Most recent access" instead: code: </td> <th><?FILE *fatr=fopen(iindname.c_str(), "r"); if(fatr){ struct stat statbuf; fstat(fileno(fatr), &statbuf); fclose(fatr); ?> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: szzz
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

who modified my file!!

Hi EVERYONE!!... Just a simple (yet critical from my perspective) doubt... I would like to know who had edited my file.. when I use ls -l command, I see my ID.. but when I edit using some other ID, I had expected that ID to be shown.. but still ls -l shows my ID only.. So, is there any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanprabu
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to retrieve original contents of a modified file (modified using vi)

Made changes to a file using vi editor and saved those changes now realised that the changes are not required How can I get the previous version of the file.i.e the one which was there on which I had made changes (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice100
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete the last modified file

Hi All, I have the following script to delete the last modified file in a directory. #!/bin/ksh if file in $(ls -t /home/KOP/Purge | head -1) then rm -f $file fi But I keep getting the error 0653-901 Cannot get file status Any suggestions or comments as to where I'm getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingofprussia
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How many days since a file was modified?

I am trying to write a script to backup my laptop to a NAS drive using rsync. I want the backup to be done, only if it has been more than a week since my last backup. Each time the rsync command executes, I also create a file backuptime.txt file, with the time at which the script completed the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandjayaraman
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a filename modified by attaching modified timestamp

Hi, I want to modify a filename in AIX by attaching the last modified timestamp. I want the timestamp completely in numerical format (eg:200905081210. yr-2009, mnth - 05, date -08, hr - 12, mins - 10). For example if the filename is a.log and it was modified on April 6th 2008 at 21.00. I... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ruks
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing a file when the inode modified time of the other file changes

i have a requirement where i needed to change variable values in a properties file(first file) whenever there is change to Release details file(second file). My question is do i have to create a daemon process that always checks the modified time/inode change of the second file and then change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saikiran_1984
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check for the file existence, if file exists it should echo the no of modified days

Hi, I am looking for a shell script with the following. 1. It should check whether a particular file exists in a location #!/bin/sh if ; then echo "xxx.txt File Exists" else echo "File Not Found" fi 2. If file exists, it should check for the modified date and run a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeyan_mac
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Who has modified a file - History?

Hello, I'd want to know who and what time has modified a file in unix (history). I'd like to know all people who has modified a file. Thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurinolo
6 Replies
ff_vxfs(1M)															       ff_vxfs(1M)

NAME
ff_vxfs: ff - fast find: list file names and statistics for a VxFS file system SYNOPSIS
num] num] inode-list] num] file] prefix] special... DESCRIPTION
reads the inode list and directories of each special file, assuming it to be a VxFS file system, and prints inode data for files that match the selection criteria. Output consists of the pathname for each saved inode, plus any other file information requested using the print options below. Output fields are positional. The output is produced in inode order; fields are separated by tabs. The default line pro- duced by is: pathname inumber The pathname is preceded by a dot unless you specify the generic option. The maximum information displays is: pathname inumber size owner The num parameter in the options descriptions is a decimal number, where means more than num days, means less than num days, and num means exactly num days. A day is defined as a 24-hour period. prints summary information to standard error output in addition to the report sent to standard output. Options recognizes the following options: Select a file if the inode has been accessed in num days. Select a file if the inode has been changed in num days. Specify the VxFS file system type. Generate names for any inodes specified in the inode-list. Do not display the inode number after each pathname. Generate a list of all pathnames for files with more than one link. Select a file associated with the inode if it has been modified in num days. Select a file associated with an inode if it has been modified more recently than the specified file. Add the specified prefix to each pathname. The default prefix is dot Print only special files and files with set-user-ID mode (VxFS-specific option). Write the file size, in bytes, after each pathname. Write the owner's login name after each pathname. Echo the completed command line, but performs no other action. The command line is generated by incorporating the user specified options and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. Operands recognizes the following operand: special Name of a VxFS file system. EXAMPLES
List the pathnames and inumbers of all files in the file system Same as above, but suppress the printing of inumbers: List files on the same file system that have been modified in the last two days displaying the pathname, inumber, and owner's user name List all files on the same file system, including the pathname and inumber of each file, that were last accessed more than 30 days ago Find all pathnames associated with inodes and Execute the command on a VxFS file system FILES
Static information about the file systems. SEE ALSO
find(1), ff(1M), ncheck_vxfs(1M), fstab(4). ff_vxfs(1M)